If you would be so kind a couple of answers please

Dave Williamson is onlineGold Member
14 April 2016 05:39
Rhadamanthus
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Hi all

There is a couple of things I would like to know from a model's perspective that would greatly assist me when making casting calls so I'm hoping you can help me.

Firstly when I am looking for a model, as a model, would you prefer that I put up a casting call that you can answer if you wish or that I message you directly with an offer of work?

Secondly on to the subject of filthy lucre, I know that hiring a model is a business arrangement and it all comes down to money in the end. So my question is, again as a model, would you like me to say I'm able to offer £xxx as a fee or would you prefer me to ask for your rates and thus allow you to make your own pitch (always assuming your rates are not already on your profile)

Finally does the length of shoot influence you when deciding if to apply for or accept a shoot on offer and, if so, what length of shoot would make you more likely to apply? I know a lot of model put a 2hr minimum shot on their profiles but I can see that. 2 hr hour shoot in the middle of the day could easily take up the whole day.

Many thanks

Dave

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
15 April 2016 06:49
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Hi I try to check castings every day but if you need to get hold of a model quickly then it's a great idea to direct message incase they haven't checked them. It's a compliment receiving a job offer directly

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
17 April 2016 02:58
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

I prefer to be contacted by a photographer.Replying to a casting rarely works for me. If you contact me I will give you my rates, usually for a 2 or 3 hour shoot. Models have to get ready , hair , make up , costumes etc & travel , so the fee has to include that time.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 ladysextasy maria_dyl Rae_raven Winterlilly Wonderlandsherellex Xgreeneyesx
bengie Davebu dirkus durhammedia gordon guitarman Hazy Hioctane Jayp1 jccj1 Jph1954 Ladiesman panda49 PhotoSpyroS photostevo poah Rhadamanthus Thunder_Photos vapourtrail Willjamieson Zuiko
barlowstudios