Reminder Secure

Any fitness girls that look like me? (or guys)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Aimee Victoria is off-line
13 April 2016 07:03
AimeeVictoriaFitness
Model

Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

Hi everyone! I am new to this site and modelling. Basically i wondered if anyone has any advice on what to do prior or during a photo shoot to make the most of my muscle definition? Oil? Tan?

When i take selfies its easy as i change the angle or tense differently haha.

My Instagram if you want to check me out! https://www.instagram.com/aimeevictoriafitness/

Thank you in advance!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
13 April 2016 08:58
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

When it comes to photos, lighting (and shadow) will play the biggest part as that's what accentuates the muscle tone so you simply need a photographer who understands lighting that can shoot you correctly.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
13 April 2016 12:01
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you mean Fake Tan NOOOoooooo!Oil is a style of shoot but won't help definition. Some male hard bodies I've had in would do a short set of exercises just before each set to pump up muscles but as RedChecker has said all that will be wasted if the photographer does not understand how to light you properly.

Perhaps have a look for sites giving advice to people entering bodybuilding competitions on how they prep. Just ignore any advice about fake tans!!!
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

14 April 2016 11:22
AimeeVictoriaFitness
Model

Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

Quote from redbaron
If you mean Fake Tan NOOOoooooo!Oil is a style of shoot but won't help definition. Some male hard bodies I've had in would do a short set of exercises just before each set to pump up muscles but as RedChecker has said all that will be wasted if the photographer does not understand how to light you properly.

Perhaps have a look for sites giving advice to people entering bodybuilding competitions on how they prep. Just ignore any advice about fake tans!!!

Thank you i've seen mixed reviews on fake tan and photos! I've heard of people using contouring makeup to help but again i don't have experience in that!

I don compete already so in terms of the actual physical shape i'm in, i don't want to change that. I just wondered if there were any tips on how to make the most out of my shape.

I expected it to be similar to competing but it is so different! i'm used to having such a dark tan with hundreds of lights facing you trying to remove any shadows!

14 April 2016 12:16
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from AimeeVictoriaFitness
I'm used to having such a dark tan with hundreds of lights facing you trying to remove any shadows!

To define shape you actually need to create shadows on various muscles to make them stand out.

There's an article here where you can see the photographer has lit the model in a way that creates small shadows under his abs & pecks that emphasise them.  It's these 'micro-shadows' that are the key to good muscle photography. 

You can also use rim-lighting (light from behind the model) to also emphasise body shape and thus muscle definition too.   These photographers I've found on Google uses it on their black & white background image to emphasise the girl's stomach muscles.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

14 April 2016 12:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

To be honest, I suspect for many photographers, tanning would be more of a problem than a help as it can affect exposure on the camera due to spectral response of various colours (reds & browns can be troublesome in excess).

15 April 2016 04:55
Jackass
Photographer

Fake tan creates an unrealistic orange tint that will have to be removed by Photoshop or whatever software. Easier to create a tan than remove IMO

As regards lighting and shadows, it's as important to create/control light areas as much as shadows.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

15 April 2016 06:35
AimeeVictoriaFitness
Model

Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

Quote from RedChecker
To define shape you actually need to create shadows on various muscles to make them stand out.

There's an article here where you can see the photographer has lit the model in a way that creates small shadows under his abs & pecks that emphasise them.  It's these 'micro-shadows' that are the key to good muscle photography. 

You can also use rim-lighting (light from behind the model) to also emphasise body shape and thus muscle definition too.   These photographers I've found on Google uses it on their black & white background image to emphasise the girl's stomach muscles.

Thank you they are both really informative!

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray chosin Dadshouse12 lynnesel rob452 SuzyMonty view_london Winterlilly
Auctioneer BTovey colourededges djb1 eosfan Impulse_Images john_at_tina_spice mamamiya Minolta Photojames43 PhotoSpyroS shadowtime74 silksky Skphoto2 Skystudio soulc steveh32 Thunder_Photos timeless tin Willy_O xcellent