Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
18 March 2016 07:17
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from Ladiesman
Do you approve and let models take selfies before or after your photo shoot?

It would be good to get people's opinion on this subject, so fire away.....

It's highly preferrable if they take selfies. If they have a "behind the scenes" flavour then they're especially helpful. Usually I'll take the socialmedia snaps but if the model does it is is more valuable.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Paul Jones is off-line
18 March 2016 14:20
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from Ladiesman
Do you approve and let models take selfies before or after your photo shoot?

Yes, sure.  Why not?

http://www.pauljones.org/?p=1336

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org

diipii is off-line
26 March 2016 05:30
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

No. The work is mine not the model's.
It only happens all the time.

26 March 2016 08:06
wiltshiretog
Photographer

I have no problem with them taking selfies,it can be good exposure for me,and the model.
It's all in the detail

Rupert Rudd is off-line
27 March 2016 06:28
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

I have a model that I have shot many times. She can snap a selfie in my changing room mirror and have it on Facebook before I have taken a single picture of her. (You know who you are Penny).
It isn't a problem.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
04 April 2016 13:14
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from RupertRudd
I have a model that I have shot many times. She can snap a selfie in my changing room mirror and have it on Facebook before I have taken a single picture of her. (You know who you are Penny). It isn't a problem.

That is funny. cheeky

I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

phlip  (as in, flip) is off-lineGold Member
05 April 2016 04:07
phlip
Photographer

Worcestershire
Nr. Kidderminster

A selfie is a great way of showing the skills of the photographer - assuming of course that they are better than a phone

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
07 April 2016 21:48
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

I don't mind; a cheerful selfie that shows shoots with me are relaxed and fun sometimes makes other hobbyist models want to work with me. I've had several folk say to me that I look like a laugh to get on with, and they'd like to collab with me. I have an outtakes folder on facebook of funny moments and selfies with models, people love seeing 'behind the scenes' stuff even when you're just a hobbyist like me.

Of course, wanting to take a silly snap every two minutes would be annoying, but so long as the shoot isn't being majorly interrupted by it then I'm fine with it. Most people I shoot with just snap the odd few in between sets, or at the end of the shoot.
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

John Enger is off-line
08 April 2016 03:49
JohnEnger
Photographer
JohnEnger
Norway
Nannestad

Quote from Ladiesman
Do you approve and let models take selfies before or after your photo shoot?   It would be good to get people's opinion on this subject, so fire away.....

As long as it does not require a lot of effort on my part, or spend time I have paid for it's OK. I also don't want the selfies to appear to be "from the shoot". The typical "Behind the scenes" look is great. And I am always happy to be mentioned in the posts.

John

Paul Riddell is off-line
25 April 2016 05:30
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

It'll depend.

I get lots of models / MUA / Stylists etc. who want a quick snap of themselves or the team to put on there own social media sites etc. Which I've no problems with unless -

The client has non disclosure agreements for their products, collection or whatever. Then of course its a total no.

Its also an unwritten rule that no one posts any bad photos showing people / products / dresses or whatever in an unfavourable light, poor quality photo, stupid over editing or whatever. It goes without saying, everyone know the rules.

You break them, and you'll not be working in that team again or getting any recommendations.

The only people who ever seem to break these rules and the only ones I'm ever cautious of is the newbie junior photographer there doing behind the scenes. They rarely have a perception of what is a good photo.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 lynnesel missminiskirt pinklilly Winterlilly
63jian antoinewynn cliffc couchestudio dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images Kjoservices mamamiya MIB modelboutique photomart rscott360 Scottda steeee212 steveh32 westend_portfolios