HowardJ is off-line
03 March 2016 18:03
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from Kimmikitsch
How original, picking on the pettiest of things like an absent question mark because you have nothing else to work with. My god, just when I thought this couldn't get any more pathetic, this thread sinks to a new low...

+1

Mickey is off-line
04 March 2016 03:09
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from Havocphotography
This thread'll lower work rate even more than not doing topless.

Most accurate & incisive comment to date!

Chrissie Red is off-line
09 March 2016 11:29
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

What a horrid situation to find yourself in.

I would say that you are entitled to say no even if something is within your levels.
If I'm approached by a nude/glamour photographer I make sure in the communications before the shoot that the style they would like to shoot is the same style as images on my portfolio - if they suddenly bring out rose petals and ask me to lay on a bed while looking "sexy" then I would say no. There are many models who will just shoot whatever with whoever is paying them but i have always respected those who stick to their guns. Why shoot something you are not comfortable shooting or don't like?! it's hardly going to make you enthusiastic during the shoot if you are doing something you know will not suit your look.

Regardless of if you have concealed nudes on your portfolio you took the booking on under the illusion that it was a fashion shoot - wearing a dress. If he was going to photoshop your "bits" out then surely a bit of tape wouldn't make that any more difficult.

I think you did the right thing and the best thing is from all the negative experiences we learn. Many models would have turned up and felt "obliged" to shoot what this person wanted so I'm glad you didn't. Hold your head up high!

diipii is off-line
31 March 2016 11:17
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

I tought in HE for decades and can well appreciate your frustration. But, remember students were born, went to schools, then Uni as an unbroken stream of womb-like existance and have no conciousness of real life outside the school/college/uni gate. Most are OK, a few are brilliant and a few you wouldn't let wash your car. You seem to have encountered a non-car-washer. In future help out friends and collegues and let the others learn for themselves.
It only happens all the time.

malefica is off-line
31 March 2016 18:54
malefica
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
malefica
County Durham
Durham

I can't say that my levels have ever been pushed - I've been firm from the start with what I will and will not do, and who I will or will not work with. He miscommunicated, which gives the model the same right to leave a shoot after attempts to negotiate back to the original communicated idea fail as it would if the situation was reversed.
Instagram: @maleficamodel Twitter: @maleficarose

Havoc is off-line
07 April 2016 10:38
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

*ahem*

http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=150623

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 guitarman gwentman jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L paulq peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley xposed
harbourstudio