Art Prints

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
19 February 2016 05:41
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Hi All
I am starting to do more fine art prints on the Hahnemuhle art paper. I looking at the finish off the prints and wonder if and what you do when come to mounting you artwork and numbering your work please?

Do Hahnemuhle protective sprays for them do any off you use it?

What sort off fixing do you use on your print to fix them to backing board in the corns please?

Do you print onto the boarders of your prints your limited addition print numbers and date please?

When you sign your prints what do you use for this pen pencil please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Brian

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
20 February 2016 11:47
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I do framing next to my studio.

The prints are fixed onto the mount not the backing board with a white mounting tape. They are known as hinges.
The prints are usually signed either on the back with the print number over the print run number. IE, 1/300 This is normally a sticky label attached to the outside of the backing board or outside of the print area on the bottom, these can then be hidden or displayed within the mount.
They are then either wrapped in clear cellophane the same as florists use for flowers or put into cellophane envelopes.

Hope this helps.

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
20 February 2016 14:53
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Thanks for that John That A great help!

Best regards
Brian

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 DeloresClaws emmac89 nicodee RoxyMendez viktoria_darling
ad360photo antoinewynn chicimages chrisfrancis18 david1500 donaldmac dorrian HarishPadalia jeffers jyp orca_photography read Rhadamanthus Spike templeimaging zprangz
matt