Reminder Secure

Harassment & The Pop Star

AGS is off-line
15 February 2016 03:22
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/11/photographer-harassed-online-calling-pop-star-stealing-photo/

/ discuss...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 February 2016 03:46
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The very nature of the internet / social media facilitates this sort of sharing without checking/crediting the originator of the content. This is something many photographers (and other creatives) fail to grasp, especially when somebody has simply shared something on a social media site rather than using it commercially for financial gain.

More importantly however... it would seem the photographer himself uploaded his images onto social media and thus wavered his rights (to a degree) as to how they could be used on there (yes, I'm referring to what many photographers wrongly see as a copyright grab). The photographer also makes the assumption that Harry Stiles 'stole' the image direct from his site and was aware of his identity, you've only got to look at how images are shared/doctored on social media to realise there's good chance this may actually be the case.

Rightly or wrongly, he did go in quite aggressively in response to his image posted and the response in this day/age on social media was to be expected. A little bit of thought rather than a simple hot-headed response could have paid dividends if he'd have accepted the 'theft' as the norm and played it to his advantage.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
02 March 2016 05:41
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Yes if he had let them known in a polite way that he took the photograph and that he would be grateful if they would mention his name then the photographer would have been very well known. cheeky

I too can't help thinking that he missed a trick. frown

I can't help thinking that the harassment was a bit OTT. 

I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cody danixhale Lilly_69 lourabern Stephieb27 Teela Tom84
BOBREEVES davkit Dolayley edb FlashHarry100 GlasgowPhotographer GSC4X jpegster Ladiesman mike0048 peteb Redbaron Spiritofwales steveh32 vapourtrail
photo39