Reminder Secure

Would you do a shoot like this

Jimmy Lee is off-line
19 January 2016 09:38
simpleharmonicmotion
Photographer

Essex

with the model hanging onto the railing without protection?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHGcAQgjMY

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 January 2016 10:58
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Sod the model, you wouldn't even get me up there... even with protection equipment.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
19 January 2016 14:22
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

OMG, no fricking way, sod that lol 
would have been better if we see what the pics looked like afterwards 
I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
19 January 2016 15:22
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

I'm not exactly thrilled about heights, but I would have tried to climb that ladder as far as I could go. If by some miracle I got to the top, I think I would cling to the nearest steel bar and would be completely unable to photograph the model.

Well done to both the model and the photographer.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Frank Sinnott is off-line
19 January 2016 20:20
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Knowing my luck the model would have fallen before I got a shot. All that way up for nowt. So no I wouldn't do the shoot.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
20 January 2016 04:10
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from simpleharmonicmotion
Would you do a shoot like this
with the model hanging onto the railing without protection?

Only if I was 100% sure that the model was totally confident shooting nude.
Having said that, these days I would probably need a helicopter to get up there as its been a very long time since my job in the steel construction industry saw me climbing hundreds of feet in the air.
Bob

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
20 January 2016 04:43
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Not unless I was working with a model who had the relevant experience and even then I would not be as casual as they were about her safety. There was no good reason for her not wearing a harness for the bulk of the time. In particular while getting through the railing.Remember even if she does rock climbing it would not have been in a dress that could add unanticipated problems. Probably safer doing it Bob's way in fact

I hope that tower was turned off too or they had expert advice on safe zones in terms of radiation.

Perhaps there is a complete set of finished images somewhere but from the few they showed I have to wonder why? It all seemed a bit ad-hock.If you are going to ask someone to take a risk like this, albeit not a huge one if she knew what she was doing, then surely you will have the shots carefully nailed long before the session.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Mickey is off-line
20 January 2016 06:26
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Definition of an exercise in futility - watch this video.
Talking complete b*ll*cks trying to justify it.
Why not just admit that you like taking risks, but then I suppose you can only protect people from a certain amount of their own stupidity.

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
20 January 2016 07:12
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

This shoot demonstrates the need for more institutions with padding on the walls and bars on the windows. Completely mad
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

KT101 is off-line
20 January 2016 07:58
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

Saw this a while back and some of the shots were stunning.
Seemed a lot of effort to go through though.
What do I know about photography..... I'm a mechanic/milkman/driver/dogsbody. etc. etc. etc.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz mlknetwork