Loulou - newbie

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Loulou is off-line
16 January 2016 11:15
Loulou90
Model

Kent
Erith

Hi just like to say hello and hoping I'm going to get some good shoots to make a good portfolio ... or am I kidding myself to think I have potential xx

HowardJ is off-line
16 January 2016 13:22
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I'd go with less fake tan. It seems to age you a little.

Profile Pictures is off-line
16 January 2016 16:04
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

You're not kidding yourself, but your current look ( I do appreciate its selfies and friends pictures right now) is very 'facebook' and pouty looking, which for me would be offputting. The tan is a no no too for me. Hopefully you'll find someone good, and tasteful, to show you really,well.

Havoc is off-line
17 January 2016 05:08
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

If I were you, I'd remove all the photos then get a friend to point the camera at me and take some nonpouty shots. Photographers will appriciate them far more than the current content.

Suzy Monty is off-line
17 January 2016 05:53
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Hi There Loulou,

You have accordinging to your statistics, a nice figure and good height. I think you have lovely eyes & photogenic face which could be enhanced with some professional images of yourself. There are plenty of photographers in your neck of the woods, listed on Purestorm, actively seeking TFP models...approach a few and see if you can set up some shoots. Modelling is like riding a bike, once learnt never forgotten - you will soon learn which poses suit you and yes, ditch the fake tan and less of the FB pouting look would be best. Study some magazines and try and emulate the poses of models, infront of your own mirror then practice accordingly before a proper studio shoot. Look forward to seeing the results. Good luck cheeky

http://www.purestorm.com/search-models.aspx?dd_mType=3&frm_country=United+Kingdom&frm_town=Kent&frm_sex=Any&x=7&y=9

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Steve Walsh is off-line
17 January 2016 05:59
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

You have a pretty face, and what looks like a decent figure. You desperately need some decent images to add to your portfolio. Find a local photographer whose work you admire and ask for a shoot. You lose nothing by asking.
I would also upgrade your notes a little, they are very sparse. Look at other models portfolio's, and have a look at their wording. Its your opportunity to advertise yourself, and tell everyone how good you are (or could be), so don't just put two lines! A well constructed profile shows to a photographer that you have put some effort into creating it, and you may be worth a shoot.
Good Luck!

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
17 January 2016 06:00
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Hi LouLou90,
Whether you have potential or not, to me, is far more to do with how contactable you prove to be, ie whether or not you respond swiftly to messages, and how reliable you then are, ie., turn up well prepared, on time, every time, & provide feedback after the shoot. It doesn't matter how lovely you are if photographers don't get a response, you fail to show, or aren't prepared. I once photographed a top model who'd been out clubbing late (early more like) the night before, and she had very bleary eyes, not to mention she was a bit lethargic. That's a good example of being 'unprepared'. The date for the shoot had been arranged weeks beforehand. A good selection of clothes etc. is also desirable. Having said that, - to me you look very pretty, & you have a nice figure. I realise the selfies you've taken are just that, and you need guidance and direction from the photographer as to posing and facial expressions, but I think anyone who hasn't modelled before is going to initially make much the same errors. My only concern is likewise the tan, I'm guessing it will fade over-winter and I'd suggest you don't try to renew it. Not sure how much is real and how much is fake, but fake can look streaky. I personally would say, avoid it and a number of others think the same it seems.

Carpe Diem is off-line
17 January 2016 08:34
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
Suffolk
Ipswich

Pretty girl, nice hair, height, figure you look good

Put up a casting for tfp and select an appropriate candidate

Hope it works out for you

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
17 January 2016 14:44
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Quote from Carpe_Diem
Pretty girl, nice hair, height, figure you look good

Put up a casting for tfp and select an appropriate candidate

Hope it works out for you

Ditto, I`d certainly be happy to shoot you on a TF basis to help you get started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_for_print

uncapped is off-line
17 January 2016 15:57
New_lens
Photographer

Kent
Welling

I have offered Loulou, but NO reply not even a curtious no thanks

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Anette0726 charlotte90 ElleLaura Exoticangel kate_anne lourabern natasha_1992 Tom84
antoinewynn CalTeg digimarx Djanimation djb1 dorrian duncanjames edb Gdpics Greedy80 Ian_Walker ian201050 James7799 Ladiesman lify philippahh poah Poss powerbook92 Rupert thelook vapourtrail
photo39