11 January 2016 15:18
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Bob
Cough! She's a female. Don't you realise it's the female's prerogative to change her mind?

Of course Bob, frequently and unexpectedly. But you wouldn't ever doubt female logic would you...??

Kevin Wilson is off-line
11 January 2016 16:05
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from Dkphotographics
Please read and understand the OP The model contacted me was happy to come to me I offered here part payment of her travel expenses which she accepted. The model then said she did not want to come to me and could I go to her. I didn't say anything about her not being able to afford the journey

The essence of your opening post was to ask other members if shared travel cost's for a TF  booking was fair.
Obviously the model was not prepared to travel to you for 50% travel costs, but somehow you expected her to meet the same 50% if you travelled.
Now you have changed original issue by stating  it is not an issue of cost's, therefore why in your original post ask if shared travel cost's were reasonable ?

Profile Pictures is off-line
12 January 2016 06:36
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

In summary, at one point (with travel paid) it seemed worthwhile to a model to shoot for images you'd provide.

At a later juncture, it seemed the images you may provide did not match up to time spent and half travel costs.

Its unsurprising in the extreme. Arranging TF whilst paying models travelling costs is already less easy and common than it once was. Expecting any financial input from a model seems extremely unrealistic.

diipii is off-line
19 January 2016 12:20
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

"Was I unreasonable with my request? after all it works both ways doesn't it?"

Spot on. If you make yourself a doormat you will be walked on.
It only happens all the time.

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Candysugarrush Ladylycan
dorrian duncanjames Gazza32 GlasgowPhotographer mike0048 nickdandalos Photographic_Mayhem tonycsm