how to promote yourself on the site?

Vanessa Soares is off-line
06 January 2016 11:26
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Hi all.
Well,i am finding a bit hard to "promote" my portfolio..i know i cant have a profissional carreer on modeling, but i want to do it as a hobbie. So i dont know how to expose my ideas to photographers, i really would like new challenges.

marlham is off-line
06 January 2016 11:45
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

1. Raise a thread in the forum

2. Shoot some really nice pictures with photographers who know what they're doing.

3. Post the resultant pictures in your port, in competitions and in as many places as you can - refresh them regularly.

Job done

No 2 is the hardest bit - finding capable photographers willing to provide you with a style of imagery which sells you well. So lots of ferreting around and PMs to likely looking candidates.

Good luck

Profile Pictures is off-line
06 January 2016 15:42
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Not,certain about your look right now, there seems to be a mix in your portfolio and I can't reconcile this with your stats. Otherwise we've some techniques and projects that need a model, and tf might be an option if you'd be interested?

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
07 January 2016 05:03
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Looking at your portfolio it's obvious to me that you have plenty of potential. I'm sure if you follow the instructions above you will have dozens of good photographers to choose from.

Good look
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
07 January 2016 13:10
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Purestorm offer plenty of good advice - see ARTICLES, bottom right on main page.

http://www.purestorm.com/elements.aspx

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

07 January 2016 13:54
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from marlhamphoto
1. Raise a thread in the forum

2. Shoot some really nice pictures with photographers who know what they're doing.

3. Post the resultant pictures in your port, in competitions and in as many places as you can - refresh them regularly.

Job done

No 2 is the hardest bit - finding capable photographers willing to provide you with a style of imagery which sells you well. So lots of ferreting around and PMs to likely looking candidates.

Good luck

HI,thank you for your reply and advice
I try to participate in competitions, but it is hard because it is always about how many people you know and talk and not actually about how good is the photo or how good is the model, so i always think it is a bit unfair.
yeah, the point 2 it is hard because i consider myself amateur on this industry so i dont really know which style of imagery would sell me well. thats way i want to try almost every style to try to find my own.

07 January 2016 13:56
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from profilepictures
Not,certain about your look right now, there seems to be a mix in your portfolio and I can't reconcile this with your stats. Otherwise we've some techniques and projects that need a model, and tf might be an option if you'd be interested?

Hi. As i said in one of my replies i dont know which is my style really, because i only done amateur photoshoots thats why my portfolio is a mix. Yeah, i am interested..always willing to learn more
Thanks for you reply

07 January 2016 13:58
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from Ladiesman

Looking at your portfolio it's obvious to me that you have plenty of potential. I'm sure if you follow the instructions above you will have dozens of good photographers to choose from.

Good look

Hi. Thanks for your reply and good review about my portfolio. I have a lot to work in every aspect that involves modelling but with work, new challenges and opportunities i will get better

07 January 2016 13:59
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from SuzyMonty
Purestorm offer plenty of good advice - see ARTICLES, bottom right on main page.

http://www.purestorm.com/elements.aspx

Thanks

marlham is off-line
07 January 2016 14:47
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from vanessasoares
HI,thank you for your reply and advice I try to participate in competitions, but it is hard because it is always about how many people you know and talk and not actually about how good is the photo or how good is the model, so i always think it is a bit unfair. yeah, the point 2 it is hard because i consider myself amateur on this industry so i dont really know which style of imagery would sell me well. thats way i want to try almost every style to try to find my own.

That's very true but it assumes the only reason for entering is to win the competition. However if I were you I'd enter every competition going whether you expect to win or not - it gets your likeness out there and in front of peoples' noses. Some competitions don't allow a profile link but others do. Obviously it makes it easier for people to discover who you are and to contact you if competition entries include a link!

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
HazelAries Krystald rob452 winX
bernadinism bob casell clarmike cliffc eosfan ianscales Impression James7799 Johnathons johnnytog Kjoservices Lenz Lumen nemesis Nessie nunude ohkan pellium Steveharratt Thunder_Photos