Reminder Secure

Gain weight

Vanessa Soares is off-line
04 January 2016 18:12
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Hi people.. i have a passion for modelling and i done some amateur photoshoots. But on the last year i gained some weight and i done a photoshoot with my "new body". I will start working out to loose some, but i would like your opinion of my photos and if you still think i would be ok to do any more photoshoots.
Thank you

Frank Sinnott is off-line
04 January 2016 18:47
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

I wouldn't hang up your modeling career just yet. Size is only an obstacle to a potential client. If it is affecting your confidence then it will be an issue you've got to work on. If these pics in your port are what you are looking like now. Then I can't see any problems.

ChrisS is off-line
05 January 2016 05:33
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

You have gained a little weight but to be honest there's nothing wrong with the way you look in my eyes - you still look great. Only lose weight if you feel uncomfortable having put it on - don't lose weight to try and get more photoshoots.

The photographer is the one with the problem if they don't like the way you look and are unwilling to shoot you, it's not yours. There are many photographers here who would love to work with you I imagine including myself so try not to worry about it

05 January 2016 08:48
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from frankpht
I wouldn't hang up your modeling career just yet. Size is only an obstacle to a potential client. If it is affecting your confidence then it will be an issue you've got to work on. If these pics in your port are what you are looking like now. Then I can't see any problems.

i think modelling carrer for me is out of question mostly because of my height. But i would like those kinds of experiences, paid or not just to practice, to have as a hobbie.
Yes, is something that i will work in. The last pics on my portfolio are from June last year, my last photoshoot, and i think i am basically the same.

05 January 2016 08:51
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from TheChrisS
You have gained a little weight but to be honest there's nothing wrong with the way you look in my eyes - you still look great. Only lose weight if you feel uncomfortable having put it on - don't lose weight to try and get more photoshoots.

The photographer is the one with the problem if they don't like the way you look and are unwilling to shoot you, it's not yours. There are many photographers here who would love to work with you I imagine including myself so try not to worry about it

Yes, i dont feel really confident or confortable, and i am asking as a curiosity, because i am not going to loose weight in order to have photoshoots,i only want to do this as a hobbie.
Thank you

ChrisS is off-line
05 January 2016 09:05
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

I personally don't think you need to lose any weight at all But that's just my opinion of course - there's nothing wrong at all in the way you look. As mentioned though I'd love to work with you if you're ever in my neck of the woods

diipii is off-line
18 February 2016 06:51
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

I read somewhere recently that if you loose weight before you are 40 you look younger and the opposite after 40. On that basis (not that you look old please note) it might be a good idea to loose the weight now and keep it off. Your general health and well being will always thank you for it.
But don't get a huge hang up over it. Modelling on portfolio hosting sites like this is only for laughs plus a few pounds in your pocket and not to be seen as a career or massive life enhancing experience.
It only happens all the time.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
18 February 2016 10:55
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Just make sure you keep your stats etc up to date and you don't have to worry

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessica_Knight JessicaAnnahModel kaysy Kitty_1
Argentiq david1500 gordon kinofist kizer michael_cameraman moritz78 nemesis paddyg panda49 peteb Platidonio redbaron siclews steveh32 Stevew1 swalsh58 tms