You know what's weird?

Havoc is off-line
25 December 2015 17:37
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

... a model who won't change her hairstyle, or makeup, for a shoot, even if paid. Claiming it is "her". Even though every shoot she ever does looks the same.

/shakeshead

DMD is off-line
25 December 2015 21:51
DMD80
Photographer

North Yorkshire

How extreme is the change you're asking for?

Havoc is off-line
26 December 2015 04:56
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from DMD80
How extreme is the change you're asking for?

"Could you maybe change the pink lipstick, pink blusher, false lashes and heavy black mascara and soften the hairstyle?"

She looks a bit like... an extra from geordie shore, or something, sorry to be blunt. But she has great tattooes and a wonderful figure and probably face as well, I just wanted to bring something else out. I assumed - incorrectly I guess - that models strive to be versatile.

Andy is off-line
26 December 2015 06:55
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

You are the one paying for the shoot so
Q: can you change ?
Ans: No it's me

NEXT !

and not saying the model cant do whatever suits her, but to save everyone hassle maybe she should include it in her profile
lets get shootin

Profile Pictures is off-line
26 December 2015 07:00
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm having flashbacks to some false eyelashes I encountered once. Resulted in no shoot. Extensions are just as bad. I think this not about working with a model, so much ad someone who likes having their photo taken; the difference is ad distinct as between a happy creative union, and a short awkward conversation followed by an early finish.

Havoc is off-line
26 December 2015 07:02
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from photostore
You are the one paying for the shoot so
Q: can you change ?
Ans: No it's me

NEXT !

and not saying the model cant do whatever suits her, but to save everyone hassle maybe she should include it in her profile

Agreed, and that's what I did. I should've seen the signs - no matter who she works with, the photos are identikit same, it's like just one photographer, one look. But you know, you have hope sometimes, right?

Havoc is off-line
26 December 2015 07:03
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from profilepictures
I'm having flashbacks to some false eyelashes I encountered once. Resulted in no shoot. Extensions are just as bad. I think this not about working with a model, so much ad someone who likes having their photo taken; the difference is ad distinct as between a happy creative union, and a short awkward conversation followed by an early finish.

Excellent definition. A quick glance at her FB page and it's definetly a "look at me, I want you to look at me" as opposed to anything else.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
26 December 2015 10:20
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Havocphotography
... a model who won't change her hairstyle, or makeup, for a shoot, even if paid. Claiming it is "her". Even though every shoot she ever does looks the same.

That's not a model you're describing. It's a one-trick pony.
Either she'll learn fast and change... or she'll vanish.
Seemples!

Quote from Havocphotography
I assumed - incorrectly I guess - that models strive to be versatile.

Not everyone who claims to be a model is a good model, or indeed even knows what is required to be a model.

Havoc is off-line
26 December 2015 10:49
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from Bob
That's not a model you're describing. It's a one-trick pony.

Either she'll learn fast and change... or she'll vanish.

thing is, her biggest trick... is open leg for tf she'll be around a while most of her shoots arn't looking at her face or makeup hahah.

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
26 December 2015 12:09
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

The problem is that many "models" don't get training in how to pose or how to use expressions . When I first started modelling a very nice photographer showed me the basic poses & looks & I continue to try things out. If you don't know , how can you change your style?

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 jefflynne Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley