Reminder Secure

Left hand DSLR ??

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
27 December 2015 14:43
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Not remotely digital, so sorry this is 'off topic', but I think there was a Swiss made 35mm Alpa camera that had a left hand wind lever, it's a loooong time ago.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
27 December 2015 14:49
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Forget the last reply, I remember now, the Alpa had a rh winder lever but it worked the ' opposite' way the lever was at the front and you turned it clockwise with the right forefinger, rather than anti-clockwise with the thumb.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 December 2015 11:15
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'm sort-of surprised nobody has bothered to take a leaf out of Red's book and make a completely modular camera (but obviously not quite as high-end) for the enthusiast market, especially considering the uptake in the number of people shooting video with all manner of custom mounts/rigs.

Perhaps something like that will arrive once mirrorless cameras are mainstream.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Lewis Rogers is off-line
30 December 2015 10:26
rogerholt
Photographer

Dorset
Wareham

I am a photographer with a cerebral palsy condition of my right hand ,so I have made a special study of this . In the past the only cameras that had left hand releases, were the Rolleicord Vb and the Exakta Varex IIa . Nowadays the only solution is to use an electronic cable release . Very effective . If you have any real problems then you are welcome to contact me for further advice . Happy New Year Roger

Hooky is off-line
30 December 2015 17:48
lensman100
Photographer
lensman100
Hampshire

I've got a set of left-handed spanners for sale if that helps...

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
al_dun Chaosoftrouble chloejade25 ElleLaura hazel_rose Kidane
Andy_B bbphotos bringingsexyback casell david1500 edb ellessephotography eosfan frankpht gadzooks2 gordon johnwayne jpegster kai_kul lenscape lenspoynter philippahh steveh32 tim_oh842 TonyNutley zackoloco