Left hand DSLR ??

Darrin Henry Photography is off-lineSilver Member
25 December 2015 07:09
darrinhenry
Photographer
darrinhenry
London
London

Is there such a thing as a DSLR designed for left handed use only?
In a conversation last night this topic came up, in context of an amputee or someone with only use of their left hand. Never thought about it before but also never known of a left handed DSLR. A little random, but there it is
Merry Christmas P-Stormers!

Darrin Henry Photography

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
25 December 2015 08:37
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Never seen one and seriously doubt it has ever been done. I'm left handed as is my son but we both use right handed cameras scissors and tools without problem. To be honest I suspect most of the occasional whinging about the problems of being left handed are by right handed people intent on showing support where none is needed or asked for.

Can see it being a problem perhaps for an amputee but I'm sure if I were ever in that unfortunate situation I would soon jury rig something with a remote release.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

25 December 2015 09:42
ConceptOL9
Photographer

I remember some years ago Yashica made a left hand version of one of their cameras, but I haven't heard of any since.

Profile Pictures is off-line
25 December 2015 10:02
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

In practical terms, no,options for amputees that come straight out of the box.

Johnathon is off-line
25 December 2015 12:22
Johnathons
Photographer

Birmingham

Have you tried The Disable Photographers Association?

Johnathon is off-line
25 December 2015 12:27
Johnathons
Photographer

Birmingham

Society

Tim Cheesman is off-line
27 December 2015 07:00
MrTim
Photographer

Norfolk
Norwich

I have a feeling someone did one about ten years ago (maybe Fuji?), but it evidently didn't really catch on as a concept and of course the specs would be rubbish by today's standards (if it did even exist!).

27 December 2015 07:21
darrinhenry
Photographer
darrinhenry
London
London

Was doing a little search on google to see what there was. These images are interesting.
Darrin Henry Photography

27 December 2015 07:24
darrinhenry
Photographer
darrinhenry
London
London

Quote from ConceptOL9
I remember some years ago Yashica made a left hand version of one of their cameras, but I haven't heard of any since.

Haven't heard the 'Yashica' name for years Reminded me of my very first 35mm camera, way back in the day, point and shoot jobby with 3 or 4 mode settings. I used it for my Duke of Edinburgh bronze award and thought I was the bee's knees with that little camera!
Darrin Henry Photography

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 December 2015 08:01
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=14288
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty ElleLaura fionafelony jessicaxroyal kkoch Michelledefeo1 xamberx
DecimalDan fashionphotography frank4 GlasgowPhotographer GSC4X mike0048 mlp Photojames43 pixelking stevegosh TinDolls