Reminder Secure

Hi , new model , portfolio review?

Justice (Carina) McQuiston is off-line
23 November 2015 13:37
CarinConstantini
Model

Florida
Pensacola

Hi , I'm new to PS , and to modeling in general. Thought I'd ask the professionals for there opinion.

Profile Pictures is off-line
24 November 2015 00:13
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Your notes are lazily written. So far there isn't a portfolio really, just a few snaps which aren't very well shot. So, maybe a brilliant model, impossible to say yet.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
24 November 2015 02:59
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Another thought for you. This is primarily a UK site and unlikely to generate shoots for you in USofA. However I hope you like what you see here and it may give you ideas and inspiration.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

31 December 2015 23:25
pearhere
Photographer

On the 3rd image of you in white - that is the boudoir image I think. Probably the best. The collarbone and chin are facing away from the viewer yet (thirdly) the eyes are presenting a suggestive look. Because there is nothing else competing (above the waist anyway) for the viewers attention - her eyes dominate with a seductive overtone. Her chin is facing the same direction as the collarbone indicating the subject could have been focused on something else and then turned and looked towards the viewer. The sudden bend of the wrist of the near hand should be straightened - perhaps even with a slight curve of the fingers along the last joint. The 90 degree bend of the wrist presents a harsher look and with boudoir you want to make certain it remains a combination of soft and sexy.

Profile Pictures is off-line
01 January 2016 00:13
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I don't ever recall before, seeing such a pretentious review from such a singularly unqualified source. Go concentrate on producing something other than the very most basic images, get that right, then come back with the waffle about wrists, sexy, and confusions between 'you' and 'her' in the same breathe. Ridiculous.

01 January 2016 10:46
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from pearhere
On the 3rd image of you in white - that is the boudoir image I think. Probably the best. The collarbone and chin are facing away from the viewer yet (thirdly) the eyes are presenting a suggestive look. Because there is nothing else competing (above the waist anyway) for the viewers attention - her eyes dominate with a seductive overtone. Her chin is facing the same direction as the collarbone indicating the subject could have been focused on something else and then turned and looked towards the viewer. The sudden bend of the wrist of the near hand should be straightened - perhaps even with a slight curve of the fingers along the last joint. The 90 degree bend of the wrist presents a harsher look and with boudoir you want to make certain it remains a combination of soft and sexy.

You still banging on about hand/wrist/finger/nostril hair position? Ok, I made the last one up, but only to emphasize your ridiculous obsession with what appears to be OCD attention to detail. I remember you started a thread all about this a year or two ago and got ridiculed for it. Obviously nothing sunk in. Happy new year btw.

01 January 2016 14:44
pearhere
Photographer

I am sorry you disagree sir. I do find that in just about every reliable source that it is one of the most vital basis of a good photo. ( hand /arm context). There is nothing wrong with this approach I feel. It is of course only one of the building blocks of a good pose and if you study my new images-- such as the one of the gal in green ( Malissa) you will find that her hands do look feminine and it is true her body and feet are positioned to try and maximize the display of her body. I made several mistakes with even those. I also talk about other things these days. You might find me on Facebook and even Flickr too. The flickr version offers better explanations. I get your point. After I wrote that I tried to delete it and start over but as far as I can tell once it's posted in a forum its there forever. The purestorm system of not being able to remove someone in the forum is badly flawed. Feel free to remove that long post which I realized was overkill. I wanted to write a more mixed bag of suggestions right after I posted that but could not remove it. If you go to the facebook version of malissas site you will see see had some 25 or 30 "likes" of one of them. Did the model get upset eith this post. As mentioned- I tried to remove it and write a much shorter version that covered more territory. Thank you- Robert Pear -- if you notice most my later post are much more abbreviated ( sorry about this one).

01 January 2016 14:44
pearhere
Photographer

I am sorry you disagree sir. I do find that in just about every reliable source that it is one of the most vital basis of a good photo. ( hand /arm context). There is nothing wrong with this approach I feel. It is of course only one of the building blocks of a good pose and if you study my new images-- such as the one of the gal in green ( Malissa) you will find that her hands do look feminine and it is true her body and feet are positioned to try and maximize the display of her body. I made several mistakes with even those. I also talk about other things these days. You might find me on Facebook and even Flickr too. The flickr version offers better explanations. I get your point. After I wrote that I tried to delete it and start over but as far as I can tell once it's posted in a forum its there forever. The purestorm system of not being able to remove someone in the forum is badly flawed. Feel free to remove that long post which I realized was overkill. I wanted to write a more mixed bag of suggestions right after I posted that but could not remove it. If you go to the facebook version of malissas site you will see see had some 25 or 30 "likes" of one of them. Did the model get upset eith this post. As mentioned- I tried to remove it and write a much shorter version that covered more territory. Thank you- Robert Pear -- if you notice most my later post are much more abbreviated ( sorry about this one).

ChrisS is off-line
01 January 2016 15:00
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

The model asked for feedback - this guy, pretentious or not, has been invited to share his opinion, of which he is entirely entitled to.

01 January 2016 15:14
pearhere
Photographer

Thank you Chris. My opinions were too long- this was just about my first post in recent times. Let a few more people speak then let's forget this. My post will always be shorter and too the point.(after this one). I am not pretentious but I respect how you spoke out for me. I do think purestorm needs a system where it is easier for the person speaking can more easily remove his remarks. I have always had trouble getting points across and am much better demonstrating my ideals then explaining then- but like anybody in a free country yours, mine, other-- has s natural desire to express them and try to be a part of the ( learning) process. I have enjoyed what I have learned but these images are really only the first ones that have showed any real detail( hey only when the opportunities arise can you display what you know. I work grave shifts and here in Salt Lake City it has turned into s real winter(last year winter almost did not exist). With little money , no studio , and temperatures well below freezing the last week or so- model shoots are had to get. I love doing this. I am not s phony. I am in a job that protects people - not stalk them. -- adios for nor- Robert ( Mr. Bob)

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 Astramore fashion29 SuzyMonty tanyacox
63jian Add_barkaway chicimages dby47 diphoto djb1 fannmore firststudiouk frankpht Impulse_Images jackw johndt Ladiesman peteb philcarpenter61 russelanthroof SteveMFT STUDIOMERLIN xcellent
Charlottealom