Reminder Secure

GWC

This thread is being watched by 1 person
22 February 2016 02:24
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from profilepictures

its your opinion of others that's holding you back

My opinion of you is that you're a smug, arrogant twat and it's not holding me back one iota.

Profile Pictures is off-line
22 February 2016 04:15
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

That's a pity really, I was trying to help, and put away previous personal differences. Please, do carry on uninterrupted with your photographic 'groundhog day'.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
22 February 2016 07:17
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Paul what is the point of posting for feedback if you are simply going to get snarky over perfectly polite and reasonable comments? Seeking to making a deal over being a GWC is every bit as pretentious in my book as the words you complain about. If all you want to do is have fun shooting naked girls fine. If you ask for feedback though the intimation is that you actually want to do better than what you are currently achieving so don't whinge when given suggestions.

In fairness your images are actually quite well composed and exposed but as pointed out it would be good to see a little more variety. From my point of view I do feel you have far too many shots from quite a low angle. That is below the models eye-line. This can work for certain styles of image. Perhaps it is simply your preference for dominant women in your images but I would look round more for some different angles during your shoots. A few less 'standing around' shots too. You have some great locations there that could have bee worked harder. Shooting against or along walls. Oh and some smiles every now and again from the models would not go amiss.

All personal views of course
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul Jones is off-line
22 February 2016 17:21
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from PaulManuell
And that word 'narrative' - I see it often in magazines and forum discussions, but tbh, to me it's just a bit pretentious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking photographers who want their work to tell a story or have a meaning, but me, I just want to take nice pictures of models.

I actually think you're doing yourself a disservice here. There's evidence in your portfolio that you have tried to inject some 'narrative' into your images, for example:

^^^  I think these are the more interesting images on your portfolio.

I'd like to see more of this. I think you could have fun coming up with some storytelling in your photography.  It's something I'd like to explore for myself, but my images are mainly glamour / portraits.

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

diipii is off-line
16 April 2016 05:56
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Quote from PaulManuell

I know, that's why I chose it. I'm not precious about my photography, I don't consider myself an artist, I don't make images that capture a moment in time or any other of that pretentious diipii is a naughty person . I'm simply a bloke (or guy) who happens to love taking photos of attractive women and I own a camera with which to do so, hence I'm a GWC.

Blinkered inverted snobbery and not a little creepy.
Try still life and you might begin to emerge as a photographer and an adult.

It only happens all the time.

16 April 2016 18:11
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from diipii

Blinkered inverted snobbery and not a little creepy.
Try still life and you might begin to emerge as a photographer and an adult.

Yawn

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 alishaa chosin Jessica_Knight Michelledefeo1
bigearspix dave@studio99 digitizer eosfan gazzer59 gordon Gregory_Mason Ianmcculloch j3ff jamstephto jonnywoo kingnorman13nk kinofist lester2705 Look_Sharp markeos50d martinchristie Mattcairns MIB Mike103 moritz78 nvidia ossies phphotoimages picusio RCBB rscott360 stephenmuddell Steveh32 supaglam TinDolls Willjamieson xposed