Reminder Secure

Which picture in your portfolio do you like best

Ray Brown is off-line
28 October 2015 14:03
capturingmemories
Photographer

London
Woolwich

Bit of a strange one - Im doing a nude/implied etc photoshoot for my wife in a week or so and I think I struggle to take pictures of women that they think are attractive.. Ive got skills as a photographer but what Im lacking is the womans perspective on things..
If any models would be willing to tell me what picture in their portfolio they like the best and why and want to give me any other words of wisdom I would be thankful..
cheers rayz

Suzy Monty is off-line
29 October 2015 03:23
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

My own fav pic from my port...I enjoy modelling Art Nude, this one has a sort of oil painting quality which I like.

Photographing your wife...then read this... 
enlightened
http://www.digital-photo-secrets.com/tip/2311/how-to-photograph-your-wife-and-live-to-tell-the-tale/

In General...

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Woman-Feel-Beautif
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
31 October 2015 06:05
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Be relaxed , both of you. Decide on her best features & work on them. Give good direction & don't use harsh lights or direct flash. And... don't keep stopping to show her the pics, its very offputting. Show her the good ones later when you have got rid of the bad ones.

Ray Brown is off-line
31 October 2015 15:19
capturingmemories
Photographer

London
Woolwich

thanks for the advice so far..

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
01 November 2015 14:46
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

If you are working with your wife then I wish you the very best of luck

Get her input, go through various portfolios together and see what she likes and doesn't

Having worked with models, previous girlfriends and my ex-wife for about 40 years, one has to be very careful with girlfriends and a wife, the difference being you tell a model to move this way or that and they realise that you are getting the angles etc right in camera, with someone you are close to, they tend to think you are being critical of them!

If it were me I'd find someone else to work with your wife. I did similar previously, I book a model and studio, whilst I worked with the model the studio owner used to shoot with my other half. It saved me loads of arguments and cold shoulders

If still intent then I finish as I started. Good luck

When going through Hell don't stop!

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs chosin Michelledefeo1 Silkythighslou
AFYS andygstudios Apex_photo brendan Cadwallen Chris650 daseinphoto DavidN dby47 gazzer59 grahamsphotography lify markeos50d rod_m99 Rscott360 stephenmuddell talldave68 ttstinger will_i_am Willjamieson
grailmodels