Kent
Canterbury

Quote from MissCreative
Ok thanks for your advice Marlham

No problem. No harm in asking anything if you're not sure

19 October 2015 11:55
Photog3000
Photographer

Model friend paid to get published and her work has nearly trebled. Rare, I think, but sometimes you got to speculate to accumulate. I sometimes get paid to take photos and sometimes I'll work tf, it benefits me sometimes to do that.

Suzy Monty is off-line
19 October 2015 13:50
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

May I ask Maria, please, if it was a Russian magazine that approached you? I had an email through my website recently, from one such publication who wanted to do a feature on me...it sounded very iffy.

Also, there are a few American magazines that request a payment for them to publish a model picture editorial. A bikini magazine one, springs to mind.

The Freelance Photographers Market Handbook is a brilliant reference publication for both photographers and models,  having a very informative section on magazines and what any given magazine actually require and pay for accordingly.

You were right to be concerned in your orginal posting.

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Maria Di-Tommaso is off-lineGold Member
19 October 2015 14:58
MissCreative
Model

Bedfordshire
Bedford

Hey Suzy,
Thanks for your message. I'm not quite sure, yet what publication or would be, for. Once i know, I'll check it out.

Regards
Maria

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Misslily
ansonphotography DP_Imagery eosfan geoffmarchant gwentman hazy James7799 jas kingfisher Kjoservices Ladiesman panda49 redbaron Spiritofwales theworkshopstudio
barlowstudios