Updated and rearranged.

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
11 October 2015 10:38
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Hi I realised my membership had lapsed a while ago so I have paid up and added some newer images and deleted a few.
Please let me know how my port is looking.

Hi to any new members. I will try and look in more often.
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

marlham is off-line
12 October 2015 08:53
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

OK a general observation which you may or may not find useful but whilst quickly browsing your portfolio it struck me that you're tight-lipped in virtually every single image. That makes you look tense but I also wonder whether you've struggled to establish an appropriate mood with the various photographers you've work with. Personally I think some work on setting the mood and allowing it to show in your expressions would help advance your port.

There's a couple of 'implied nudes' which totally befuddle me but it's no big deal.

Good luck

12 October 2015 09:48
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Thank you for your thoughts and comments. I am not great at smiling although I have added some.There is only one older one were I was tense and those who remember the reputation of the photographer may understand why. Many are taken by someone who has become a friend. The kick boxing ones I was trying to look mean lol oh one was on the front page this morning.Thanks PS!!!!!

Could you explain the last comment? I have mostly put the ones best received on another site.
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

marlham is off-line
12 October 2015 10:26
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Just to be clear I didn't mean you should simply smile instead. Whilst you might look less tense it's not the same thing as developing an appropriate mood and allowing it to show in your expressions. It's a little more complex than just smiling.

My last comment was particularly with reference to these two images which I struggle to see as having any merit in a model's portfolio. Entirely subjective I know which is why I said it's no big deal:

I would also add that these are particularly weak IMO as the expressions just don't look right:

I have to say that I don't understand why any model would put his/her best images elsewhere - that makes no sense to me at all.

Hope that helps.

04 November 2015 08:40
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

I have added 3 new pictures. Let me know what you think.

Profile Pictures is off-line
04 November 2015 08:59
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Hi Catherine, I think you're really convincing in the sports/fitness genre and it shows in the mood and realism of these in your portfolio. Id suggest trimming down the collection to highlight that area might more easily get attention.

Suzy Monty is off-line
04 November 2015 12:14
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Hi Catherine,

Think you are amazing to actually have time to model with such a large family coolEight children!!

In the shot below...I would have liked to have seen you holding an apple in the other hand...rather like Eve in the Garden Of Eden, so that it told a story..with a different facial expression. .

The sports side of your portfolio is very strong...that is your USP cheeky
All the very best,

Suzy
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

04 November 2015 19:35
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Thank you @suzymonty and @profilepictures.

I do like to do the sports images and have some pictures from top fitness photographers. They have been liked but few on here are interested in shooting them and certainly not paid. Even when I have applied for boxing type shots I got no interest. It seems what people want on sites like this is big boobed girls wearing oversized boxing gloves and pouting in a ring.

I have more interest in the nude work and I do like to be a bit creative.

The snake one is a favourite. I have it framed on my bedroom wall.My husband loves snakes.It was from a group shoot.Did not know who would turn up or what snakes there would be so there was no pre planning.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ramilla
alanbassettphotography dannyrich david1500 Djanimation dorrian dougharding ellessephotography GlasgowPhotographer gperl Hioctane IronHouse jas JTD lenspoynter NigelAdams peterh redbaron vapourtrail viewphotographic vipimages