Reminder Secure

StarOfService is it real or is it a con?

Mike Danby is off-line
24 September 2015 09:15
MikeDanby
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Newport

Hi,

I've just been contacted by someone from StarOfService, I presume looking to see if I'll sign up to them (this part is free), having never heard of them before - is it real or is it a con?

Mike.

Profile Pictures is off-line
24 September 2015 17:55
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I hadn't heard of this, and a quick Google finds them discussing clients and leads in Mauritius...so it'd be great to get a job offer, but a hell of a commute. I noticed their apparently happy clients, who number into the thousands it seems - heavily require photographers. This seems nice but experience tells me 90% or greater of those who approach a photographer without invite to boost sales, are bullprofilepictures is a naughty person ters.

Mike Danby is off-line
26 September 2015 05:22
MikeDanby
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Newport

ditto on the not heard about them till now when I got the approch, hence my enquiry, and being cautious. Well, since my post I've managed to track some of the people involved down through LinkedIn, and they all appear to be based in Paris, so, this could be that they've started this in France and now they're trying to spread what they do to other counties. Obviously anyone can set up a good looking website and post on it a lot of "satisfied customers & suppliers" comments. And the other thing that flagged caution was the fact that the email I recieved was mainly in French, although it was readable French (google translate), unlike the jibberish english spam emails that happen.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
JodieEllen Lushlolly pollyannahale Sophiasmith tashaholz
dannyrich diphoto Djanimation djb1 dorrian Dphphotography edb Essexjohn KrissB Ladiesman michaelangelo modelboutique panda49 photostevo pierre Rscott360 russb steve7962