Reminder Secure

Hello and how is PS these days?

27 September 2015 02:33
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Tim
We think we've identified the cause of this and applied a fix, we are monitoring the fix to make sure but we haven't seen the issue crop up again since we applied it. If anyone notices anything else please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks once again for giving us the heads up on this, greatly appreciated.

There's still a photo on the main page gallery that's from a member awaiting approval. Having said that, though, it is a lovely photo.

Anthonygh is off-line
10 October 2015 19:29
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

The site needs a serious upgrade....why else are people joining the PP opposition in droves?

It's a bit like when net-model started to die.....same process, just not quite as quick. I used to recommend new models to join this site....still do, but suggest the PP site as their best prospect.

This could still be the best UK site....just needs the owners to prove commitment.

Amber West is off-line
11 October 2015 03:57
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Quote from anthonyh
The site needs a serious upgrade....why else are people joining the PP opposition in droves?

It's a bit like when net-model started to die.....same process, just not quite as quick. I used to recommend new models to join this site....still do, but suggest the PP site as their best prospect.

This could still be the best UK site....just needs the owners to prove commitment.

Yeah, I don't think the site is past the point of no return, but it soon will be.  PS still presumably has a lot of members (people do still join and a lot of people like myself have a dormant account), so now would be the time to take the bull by the horns and have a massive revamp.
While PP is great, no site deserves to have no competitors (also that promotes laziness).
Would hate to see this die like NM, which I never liked, but seeing what had obviously been a much-loved place by many, just turn into a dank, and empty pit, was depressing.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
11 October 2015 07:37
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Amber6
I don't think the site is past the point of no return, but it soon will be. 

I think this site probably is past the point of no return, but it is not only this site. All the sites are in decline and even PP, despite all its flashing lights, bells and whistles' seems to be slowing down.

The whole scene has been on the slide for the last few years and I doubt we are ever going to see it return to those 'good old days' when the UK internet model & photographer community was in its heyday. Over the last twelve years I have seen dozens of sites like this (and in other areas of interest) blossom and then wither, as the fickle masses migrate in search of Utopia and the owners lose heart. But the same goes for more mainstream sites - remember FriendsReunited, WAYN, FaceParty, Hi5, MySpace, etc. which were all popular once but have now faded?
Bob

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
11 October 2015 10:35
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

For what it is worth this site gets my vote, long may it reign! I'm on other sites but this is without doubt my preferred site.

I see models taking up on new sites and of course the photographers follow on but think given time it will all go around in a big circle and the new models will be back, he says with fingers crossed
When going through Hell don't stop!

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
12 October 2015 01:59
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Thank you everyone for your continued feedback, we are taking it all on board and value the opinions expressed here and directly to us. Just as times change we must change and adapt with them, keep innovating and evolving which will lead us to more exciting opportunities to hopefully deliver the services needed for our existing members as well as attracting new members too.

Please keep adding any further thoughts here or please contact us any time with any suggestions or ideas.

Thank You.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

Brian Buckland is off-lineSilver Member
12 October 2015 05:06
para
Photographer
para
Norfolk
Diss

I have just returned from a weeks shoot in Spain with two models.One,all comms was via Purestorm,though she is on Purpleport, and the other Purpleport.The girl from Purpleport use to be on here,cancelled her membership and then later reapplied but was then turned down.It does seem to me that it's a tad difficult for some models to get on/back on Purestorm.Maybe if a little effort or freebies,silver membership for a month or two,were offered to models,we might see a small upturn.

Like Bob,I also see a downturn in the internet scene.Chating to the two models in Spain, they both said that modelling is  just a small part of their income,most being earnt elsewhere, like webcam,video clips etc.Also good looking,quality girls not even bothering with modelling as there is no money in it,better money can be earnt elsewhere.

For me,if the emphasis for Purestorm was on model/photographer contact and not so much as a portfolio hosting site,smaller,it possibe may just ride out the coming decline 

GCImages is off-line
12 October 2015 16:47
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

The "coming decline"........    It's going to get worse?

I have had one shoot from here since November 13 (I normally shoot 4-6 times a week).  I am trying to remain loyal as I like the layout, I understand the moderation and the rules, but it just doesn't have enough traffic to warrant a subscription.

I'm not too fussed about little niggles in the coding, I'd rather see a re-focus on recruiting new members, wipe the slate clean and then keep an eye out for the ones who are not taking it seriously.  Yes, that would be labour intensive, but it would add some vibrancy to the site and frankly, more active members.

While the daily image upload is considerably lower than MCM, I will not re-start a paid subscription......turn that around, you may get a returning paying customer!

Amber West is off-line
13 October 2015 04:01
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

The opportunity to buy the subscription monthly would be appreciated. Madcow and PP offer that. I only do shoots when I tour now and even though there is low traffic here, I would probably pay to have the ability to advertise when touring (I do this with Madcow). Also buying a one off monthly subscription allows members to taste test whether it is worth upgrading.

Profile Pictures is off-line
13 October 2015 04:39
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It'd also be worth having PayPal as an option. I haven't had to mess around with it for a while but do recall worldpay ( or whatever its called) being a pain in the arse.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty Sammi_1985
Auctioneer BOBREEVES digitizer ellessephotography funky gordon hantsphotographer jefflynne jpegster keltica lenspoynter MIB mlp mrdl poah RealityImaging smooth_image TinDolls TonyNutley Willjamieson