Reminder Secure

Hello and how is PS these days?

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
22 September 2015 08:28
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Maybe related to commentary on the site, this is not a 'shout' or 'whinge' but it may be that a number of new people are joining, and pitting images up, but the message comes that they are awaiting approval and there are no details. Just seems a little ? to allow image posting before approval-?

Liteangle is off-lineSilver Member
22 September 2015 08:58
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

Quote from magpie1
Maybe related to commentary on the site, this is not a 'shout' or 'whinge' but it may be that a number of new people are joining, and pitting images up, but the message comes that they are awaiting approval and there are no details. Just seems a little ? to allow image posting before approval-?

I've noticed that too. Also when members have been suspended or otherwise left the site one can sometimes see images in the 'recently updated' side bar. Seems a bit odd and doesn't reflect well on the site. 

Profile Pictures is off-line
22 September 2015 12:57
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Is this a recent phenomena? Seems common over the last few days, but I'd not noticed I before. Did something change?

Liteangle is off-lineSilver Member
22 September 2015 14:16
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

I've noticed these sort of things from time to time over the past year or so, I think.

22 September 2015 16:08
PaulManuell
Photographer

Yeah, I noticed this too for the first time yesterday, photos from photographers and models who are still awaiting approval appearing on the daily uploaded photos section. There's actually one currently on the home page gallery. While it's actually a lovely photo, I find it strange that it's there if the person submitting it hasn't even been approved yet. And am I right in thinking that on top of this, images on the home page gallery are restricted to paying members (not that I'm saying I think they should be)? If so, it's even stranger a photo is on there from someone still awaiting approval. Tim, you've provided input/insight on this thread, any chance of your thoughts on this seemingly new occurrence?

CGW is off-line
23 September 2015 16:34
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Just to add to some of the strangeness, clicking through the models showing in "members on-line" (it doesn't take long) at least 3 of them are awaiting approval and one is suspended.

25 September 2015 12:46
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from cgwebster
Just to add to some of the strangeness, clicking through the models showing in "members on-line" (it doesn't take long) at least 3 of them are awaiting approval and one is suspended.

Yep, same here; just clicked on a photographer who's supposedly currently online, only to get the 'This member's profile has been suspended' notice.

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
26 September 2015 02:07
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Thanks everyone for the help with identifying the different scenarios regarding the recently uploaded images or online members, we are looking into this to discover what's happening. Thank you.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

26 September 2015 14:56
PaulManuell
Photographer

Thanks Tim, I await your findings with interest.

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
26 September 2015 18:30
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

We think we've identified the cause of this and applied a fix, we are monitoring the fix to make sure but we haven't seen the issue crop up again since we applied it. If anyone notices anything else please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks once again for giving us the heads up on this, greatly appreciated.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Krystald pinklilly RedXXX Superhawk8 tanyacox
android_man antoinewynn claypaws cygnet djb1 frankpht GH46 gperl ianscales James7799 Ladiesman Leblanc222 Memnoch philippahh PhilStorm redbaron Skystudio soulc stuartnoo