Oh thats one good outcome then

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
15 September 2015 08:18
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

I have a net model profile i started before coming to PS,rarely log on.....never any interest.....

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
15 September 2015 08:40
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Funny you should say that, I logged into net model recently. The castings are horrendous.

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
16 September 2015 02:08
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Thank You for the feedback Pentti and Jen.

So the requirement for a username when searching mail is hindering your use of the search option? Is this what you meant when you said you couldn't search properly Jen or is there something else which we can work on to improve the search mail feature?

many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

16 September 2015 05:42
johnlp
Photographer

I'm actually no use to either site, as I'm a free member on both, but I am in the process of arranging a shoot on here, but that is rare occurrence.

I think PP may have a similar problem a couple of years down the road. The number of new models joining has slowed to a trickle and some models I've spoken to are finding it increasingly hard to find paid work. Perhaps there are fewer young photographers interested in this type of photography, and as us older ones hang up the camera and the young ones takes a trillion photographs on their smart phones, and use social websites to make contacts the need for these sites gets less and their days are numbered. I can't even get onto my MC account and no-one seems bothered to help. Less paid work, fewer models, less choice for the photographer, less money entering the system. If it wasn't for the influx of other EU models the whole thing might be on its knees already.

Two identical castings one year apart. In 2014 I had over 30 applicants, from two sites. This year I've had 10.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
16 September 2015 06:59
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from Tim
Thank You for the feedback Pentti and Jen.

So the requirement for a username when searching mail is hindering your use of the search option? Is this what you meant when you said you couldn't search properly Jen or is there something else which we can work on to improve the search mail feature?

Hi Tim,

Imagine I reference checked a photographer, let's call them PhotographerABC, and in the subject (or body of message) is "Reference request for PhotographerABC". The dates don't match up, and a year or three later the photographer writes to me again. I may have to open up literally 100 tabs to control + F "PhotographerABC" to try and find those messages. This has happened and it's a huge waste of time. With modelmayhem, the body of the message gets emailed to me, so I just need to search my gmail. Another scenario: in 2012, someone writes to me saying "Coming to Birmingham?" unless I commit their username to memory or another database, I am never going to find that message again. It would be really helpful to search "Birmingham" or "PhotographerABC".

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
16 September 2015 09:22
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from JenSomerfield
someone writes to me saying "Coming to Birmingham?" unless I commit their username to memory or another database, I am never going to find that message again. It would be really helpful to search "Birmingham" ".

Yes, this is what I did have in mind.

17 September 2015 01:36
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Hey Jen and Pentti,

Thanks Jen for taking the time to explain the scenario in more depth and it's good to know this is what you had in mind too Pentti, so Thank You to you both for bringing this up. I see what you both mean and how much more useful the search facility would be to just open up the search capabilities. Would it be useful to have the option to select if you search just the subject or subject and body of the messages too? If you can think of any other changes for the mail search it would be great to hear them.

17 September 2015 01:51
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Hi John,

It does matter that you are here, free or paid, it matters. We are thankful that people chooses to be here no matter what tier of membership and allows us to be apart of their world sharing their creativity and passion which is fantastic

I think it's fair to say there is a general slow down across the board but at these times it gives us an opportunity with the existing community to develop the site further, develop ourselves and innovate to help drive in new members as well as improve for the existing.

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
17 September 2015 12:33
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

My personal opinion is that Facebook & Twitter are responsible for taking most of the trade. After all on one of those sites you can make a booking and not bother turning up without any consequences at all, whether you be a model or a photographer.

Pure Storm is a top image hosting website. To be a member you need to stick to the rules, which are pretty much alien to anyone who has been getting work from Facebook etc.

On the plus side, I'm sure I saw Pure Storm advertising on Twitter the other day?
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Andy_B david1500 duncanjames Ladiesman MIB mlp philippahh PhilStorm pixelking