gopro hero

Andy is off-line
11 September 2015 08:42
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

so im looking to buy a gopro and im very curious why the ones that come with english and french launguage are always cheaper than the ones with english and german, or english and spanish etc
Any ideas ? is the language the only real difference ?
lets get shootin

11 September 2015 15:17
Catuaba
Photographer

Not sure on the answer to your actual question. But I just picked up a hero 4 silver. After reviewing a few. Awesome for timelapse and underwater and that fish eye action sports effect. Limitations on battery, people and quality in compared to dslr video.
Also on the plus side an underwater cam, dash cam, action cam all separate would cost a lot. On the downside the uk doesn't have the pretty weather you see in the nice adverts for gopro.

Pleased with it though.

Still don't know the answer to your question though.

Aegean is off-lineSilver Member
17 September 2015 06:09
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

I have a GoPro Hero 4 Black. It is an awesome camera recording simultaneously in 4K video with 12Mp stills. It hooks seamlessly with my iPad and with Adobe Premier CC, the latter having the barrel distortion filter for this camera as a standard filter. Combined with my Feiyu active steady mount it delivers beautifully steady handheld video.

As all the above have English, does it matter what the second language is?
www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

Andy is off-line
24 September 2015 17:22
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

according to go pro themselves the only difference is in the two languages, nothing different about any of the firmware, so a massive saving from the likes of Amazon who must have a thing against the French ?
lets get shootin

diipii is off-line
11 November 2015 11:24
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

I have 2 GoPros and they both overexpose unless the sky is in the frame.
It only happens all the time.

phlip  (as in, flip) is off-lineGold Member
12 November 2015 10:35
phlip
Photographer

Worcestershire
Nr. Kidderminster

I have the v4 black and would warn you that I am very disappointed with battery life. Exposure is easily compensated as in a 'proper' camera

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
12 November 2015 11:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from phlip
I have the v4 black and would warn you that I am very disappointed with battery life. Exposure is easily compensated as in a 'proper' camera

I must admit, I was very disappointed with mine too, especially in timelapse mode where you'd think it could go for hours (when in fact its processor remains active the whole time, even when not taking images... a bit rubbish IMO).  Although when you consider what it's actually doing and the size of the battery it's slightly unfair to moan for its duration for normal recording.

Only had mine a couple of weeks but have bought one of those USB powerbank things that I've yet to try out which is a reasonable solution as long as you're not exposing it to rough & tumbles or the elements.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

G Jack B is off-line
15 November 2015 01:17
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

It is a great bit of kit but does suffer from short battery life and also overheating - I set it up in several locations to do 24hour outdoor time-lapse sequences and powered it from the mains..... but it was failing every time.
Eventually I worked out it was a temperature issue, it was behind when it was mounted on glass indoors when it failed.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
16 November 2015 03:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Plymjack
It is a great bit of kit but does suffer from short battery life and also overheating - I set it up in several locations to do 24hour outdoor time-lapse sequences and powered it from the mains..... but it was failing every time. Eventually I worked out it was a temperature issue, it was behind when it was mounted on glass indoors when it failed.

Did you have it in a 'Frame' mount or use the waterproof one (which I suspect insulates it somewhat)?

I must confess, I was surprised at how hot it was when I ran my first timelapse test on it and that was only for an hour.  If you have access to mains power though, a cheapie USB-powered fan may be worth having along side it.

A quick google search has revealed this video of a third-party shell made of aluminium to aid with heat dissipation (I'm wanting to use mine for long timelapses when I get my arse into gear to use it so am interested in these problems too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBwZWDFl9xg

And it doesn't cost the Earth:
http://www.dx.com/p/fat-cat-cnc-aluminum-alloy-extension-ultra-heat-sink-case-w-37mm-mcuv-lens-for-gopro-hero-3-3-268647#.VkmYGL9oFgw

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
al_dun amaryllis Blonde94 Chaosoftrouble chloejade25 ElleLaura hazel_rose Kidane
Andy_B bbphotos bringingsexyback casell david1500 edb ellessephotography frankpht gadzooks2 gordon johnwayne jpegster kai_kul lenscape lenspoynter philippahh poah steveh32 tim_oh842 TonyNutley zackoloco