Looking for a group shoot - London/Surrey/Hampshire

Janeblackbeard is off-line
27 August 2015 04:30
Janieb
Photographer

Surrey
West End

Hi.
I need to build a new portfolio but could do with a bit of help from a group, anybody in the same boat looking to work together and get some experience?

Thanks,
Jane

Steve Walsh is off-line
27 August 2015 13:41
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

I'm a little confused. Your portfolio says you have 10 years experience, and your semi-pro. You have studied photography in South Africa for 2 years, and at Thames Valley University as well. You say you have experience in a long list of genre's and have your own studio and professional lighting, and you have been a member on PS for 5 years too.
I cant see how you can have done all this and not have a huge catalogue of images that you can use for a portfolio. Why specifically do you need help from a group, and in what way do you need their help?
I'm may be just dense and have missed the obvious, but what do you want help with? From your portfolio you have as much, if not more, experience than a lot of photographers here

w4pictures is off-line
27 August 2015 15:00
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

I think its occasionally interesting to see how others approach a subject. Its also a good way of meeting fellow locals. Photography can be quite a solitary business.

Profile Pictures is off-line
27 August 2015 16:53
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

The OP did say 'new portfolio' which is why it has yet to occur. Id expect anyone who moves into a new subject area, will need a new portfolio to represent it. Pretty straightforward really.

Steve Walsh is off-line
27 August 2015 17:35
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from profilepictures
The OP did say 'new portfolio' which is why it has yet to occur. Id expect anyone who moves into a new subject area, will need a new portfolio to represent it. Pretty straightforward really.

......and where does the OP mention moving into a new subject area?

Copied from the OP's port -

"Experience in Studio/natural lighting
Experience in Wedding/maternity/baby/portrait/children/nude/commercial work/catalogue/social photography/events
professional lighting & equipment"

The OP has also been a member of PS for 5 years or so. Hardly a new subject area I would have thought......

27 August 2015 21:11
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Well you say something about being advanced wth the LRPS and your portfolio is dreadful, what's the difference?

Janeblackbeard is off-line
27 August 2015 21:21
Janieb
Photographer

Surrey
West End

Thank you Steve (swalsh) for your elegant perception.

I would just like to meet like minded photographers and shoot together not get a portfolio critique.
Regardless of talent,experience or age we can all learn in some way shape or form.

Steve Walsh is off-line
28 August 2015 08:31
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from profilepictures
Well you say something about being advanced wth the LRPS and your portfolio is dreadful, what's the difference?

Whereas you, of course, are just a dreadful person who resorts to personal attacks when your in the wrong.

Steve Walsh is off-line
28 August 2015 08:36
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from Janieb
Thank you Steve (swalsh) for your elegant perception.

I would just like to meet like minded photographers and shoot together not get a portfolio critique.
Regardless of talent,experience or age we can all learn in some way shape or form.

You are of course, quite right. Everyone can still learn new techniques and tricks from others. Perhaps you could arrange a social meet up in your area for like minded people and see what develops? Though this site is not as busy as it use to be, draw your own conclusions as to why,

28 August 2015 10:36
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

*you're*

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kimmikitsch louise22 Natalieb_18 Paige_hendrix samanthajane4 speed84
antoinewynn Blancho crupilad diphoto Discocat djb1 ellessephotography fannmore Ianmcculloch jamesdee Kjoservices Ladiesman laveravista MarcXJR MauricesImagery MIB penfold10 philcarpenter61 photon pictureimage pml_photo psn sniffer vivt