They cannot be serious!

Simon Chan is off-line
09 August 2015 05:37
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from Bob
A number of models I know tell me they have been encouraged to go elsewhere by some photographers on this site, but what these guys don't tell the girls is that they are trying to generate free membership upgrades for their account by intoducing the models to another site.

Bob

So these photographers who got free account upgrades must think the other site is worth joining, while contributing the downfall of PS.
Does PS has the same policy? If not maybe they should

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
09 August 2015 06:59
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Chandos
So these photographers who got free account upgrades must think the other site is worth joining, while contributing the downfall of PS. 

Bearing in mind some of the people on the other place, and some of things allowed on there which are not allowed on PS, I am sure a number of users of that site value it a lot more than they value PS and consequently have a vested interest in luring new models over there at the earliest opportunity.
Quote from Chandos
Does PS has the same policy?

Not as far as I am aware.
Quote from Chandos
If not maybe they should

PS appears to be much better at attracting newcomer models whereas the other site appears to be more geared to encouraging its members to attract models in from other sites. I suspect this site's problem (in addition to the inevitable web developer interest fade issue which has afflicted just about every popular UK-centric site over the last 12 or so years) probably has more to do with it not keeping its existing model members rather than attracting new ones.

Much as I like PS, I'm afraid it is going the way of ModelPlace, OneModelPlace, MuseCube, Net-Model, iwannabeamodel, TheModelsClub, UKPhotoModels, Web-Models, AllModelZone and all the others. Even MM has been in decline since its web developer owner sold it on. The site some refer to as 'IWantToBePaid' and some other call 'Smoke&Mirrors' appears to still have a very busy popcorn area, but I suspect those who have been on it since its inception might be noticing that all is not what it was over there either.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to turn t'internet back to about 2008/9?
Bob

marlham is off-line
10 August 2015 09:52
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Bob
A number of models I know tell me they have been encouraged to go elsewhere by some photographers on this site, but what these guys don't tell the girls is that they are trying to generate free membership upgrades for their account by intoducing the models to another site.

Yup. Just watch how quickly the new model members here join the other site then drop them a polite litte message enquiring what made them do so...

marlham is off-line
10 August 2015 10:04
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

To address the OP's issue and trying to be constructive although it might not seem like it.

These sites are full of bullmarlhamphoto is a naughty person ters whose claims do not match the style and quality of their imagery. Even new models become quickly acquainted with that - either through bitter experience or by working up relationships with experienced models and photographers upon whose advice and opinion they rely.

To me your profile and portfolio comes across in exactly that way - there's a mismatch between the impression given by your claims and what's in your port. I'm not saying that your claims are false - far from it. Just that people won't look into the detail of your claims and understand their relative merits properly so they just see it as hype. You need to fix one or the other, or both, such that they're more intuitively aligned IMO.

Matthew G is off-line
12 August 2015 19:06
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

This site doesn't mind you using the name purpleport. If anything it's purpleport that minds you using the name pursetorm or model maxim. As for your portfolio and your comments.... Bluntly speaking... who cares what it says! We dont need to know about photoaid or anything else. You were presumably wanting to pay the models in question and I'm pretty sure that most models don't even read your portfolio notes. An awful lot won't even look at your images! All they're interested in is to see the pictures of your £50 notes! So my advice is to delete most of your notes.

As for the quality of your images.... again, who cares if you are paying them!

Jay Scott is off-lineGold Member
02 September 2015 17:50
Jay90
Model
Jay90
Somerset

Quote from Chandos
And I thought it was lack of activities in PS why new models leave. I often been told by models to not contact them through PS because they don't use this site anymore which they no longer update.

Maybe the poster might be interested to check if the models are active in other modelling forums?

Got to admit. I deleted my account on here about a year ago. Lost all 97 or so of my references, so kicking myself now.... And despite joining again now, I barely even check this site. I find the alternative sites a lot busier these days.

Back when I started modelling, net model and this site were my income sites!

08 October 2015 14:23
glamazongem
Model

I am a new member - But looking at my new member messages it says photographers cannot message me unless I update so that 'New models aren't inundated with messages'! Oh unless I upgrade my account...

So wonder how long it will be until I can receive messages?!

Gemma

G Jack B is off-line
09 October 2015 03:43
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

We, as in everyone, are all responsible for PS being a great site that now appears to be in decline.

Things must change to evolve so we cant just seat and hope it will get better when it is getting worse.

Moaning about new models or anything just spins a negative light - we should be praising and welcoming and highlighting the good then maybe it will improve......

Ohh and the owners need to make some changes too - the addition of a postcode search facility (just to PL1 level) would be a good start, and being able to "block" profiles over 1 year old too.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
09 October 2015 06:37
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from Jay90
Got to admit. I deleted my account on here about a year ago. Lost all 97 or so of my references, so kicking myself now.... And despite joining again now, I barely even check this site. I find the alternative sites a lot busier these days. Back when I started modelling, net model and this site were my income sites!

I find when taking a modelling vacation and I close my model profiles on other model sites, I can still  re-log in after whatever time period, and all my references/ profile pictures and notes will still be in place. Not so with Purestorm. Once you click the Close My Account button...all the valuable references et al,  are lost for ever.

It would be nice if it were otherwise...sometimes models close their accounts for a while, then come back again...i.e. when having a baby or whatever...

Just a thought.

Moderator Advisory
When a member self-deletes their account nothing is removed from the servers - it merely goes off-line.
If they request Reactivation (assuming Admin is convinced it is a genuine request*) everything reappears.
However until the account is Upgraded again only the basic number of images is displayed.
Members can request their profile is reset to Pending (i.e Awaiting Approval) if wishing to leave temporarily.

*This is a basic Data Protection and Model Security precaution to deter malicious reactivation attempts.

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
09 October 2015 07:03
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from SuzyMonty
I find when taking a modelling vacation and I close my model profiles on other model sites, I can still  re-log in after whatever time period, and all my references/ profile pictures and notes will still be in place. Not so with Purestorm. Once you click the Close My Account button...all the valuable references et al,  are lost for ever.

It would be nice if it were otherwise...sometimes models close their accounts for a while, then come back again...i.e. when having a baby or whatever...

Just a thought.

I believe you can request that it be temporarily removed on Purestorm and all details will be retained, it does mean sending a message to Matt though.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Miguel Winterlilly
bengie clarmike GerryS2 gshocker30 keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB mlp Pat9669A philippahh Photo_phil poah Rhadamanthus ricciarelli Richard99 smooth_image steveh32 Stuh Willy_O xsa73