Reminder Secure

CD Printer

09 August 2015 17:42
Catuaba
Photographer

Update

Don't try and set this printer up alone if you have any heart problems! It nearly went out the window a few times.

Took over an hour to manage to get it to print a disk after downloading additional software and things.

Happy with the quality though and that was on an old disc so I shall see what it is like on the new ones and also how cost effective it turns out to be on ink.
Surprised as a canon fan.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 August 2015 01:36
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

In all fairness though, printing has never been something for the feint-hearted. I've owned various printers for the last 30 years as well as the ones in work and none of them have ever been straight forward, be it driver issues, calibration issues or simply getting hold of spares (eg. Epson don't give you long before the printers become obsolete as far as consumables go and at work we're forever chucking perfectly good printers out simply because you can't buy toner/ink for them).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Matthew G is off-line
10 August 2015 06:50
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I used to use an Epsom R1800 to print Cd's with. It does easily rub off though so I used to get a can of clear lacquer and spray them afterwards. Car spray lacquer works fine.

PeterB is off-lineGold Member
13 August 2015 19:48
pvfb
Photographer
pvfb
Surrey
Hampton Court

We use an (old) Canon photo printer at the office... the key to good results is the CDs... the ones you've bought are the ones we've found to be the best, they don't smear even with a wet finger.

JVC-Taiyo-Yuden also do a non-waterproof version which is cheaper and is very good at accepting inkjet print but will smear slightly with a wet finger... all the others we've tested over the years easily smear even when handled gently.

14 August 2015 10:02
Catuaba
Photographer

Actually got the hang of it now and happy. But the software it comes with forget completely and it wasn't particularly fool proof. My problem was I didn't realise you need to press print prior to actually loading and sorting the cd out. So it kept spitting it back out, which in turn kept marking the disc. Happy with it now it will do the job. But not what I would call a usual Canon product. The new discs are great but I didn't realise with those either (because they don't say on them) that green bottom is cdr and purple bottom is Dvd. So I've learnt something new.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
14 August 2015 13:12
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Of course you could have done all this the easy way and simply order the disks as required from a reputable lab like Loxley... Still I am sure you will save the cost of the printer and inks and blank CD's after a few years solid use

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Carliegomez24 chosin ElleLaura Hann kategrimsby lynnesel vellocet Vickey wrenstar
activecreations ad360photo ansonphotography belmez2000 bradder ch_mon clearview_photography DJ200 gazzer59 GGDP_Photography Ladiesman markeos50d michaelangelo mlp nickdandalos orca_photography rcbb rscott360 Spiritofwales stevegosh templeimaging TheChrisS Thunder_Photos TimatAwe TinDolls tms
Jonesy2107