Flash bracket question

Profile Pictures is off-line
30 July 2015 20:48
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm after a bracket that'll sit on a manfrotto tripod and hold two flash guns side by side. Needs to be a decent quality in case of bumps and knocks and it'll get slung around regularly. Might be handy if it'll deal with brolly clamping and even better if it'll come off and have some kind of clamping mechanism to attach to architecture, trees, w.h.y?

Anyone got experience of something similar they've used reliably?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
31 July 2015 02:48
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

How about one of these (can't get more simple than this) and get one of those things with the snake-like legs as well:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flash-Bracket-Switcher-Holder-Metal/dp/B00HCWMKDO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438328546&sr=1-2&keywords=dual+flash+bracket

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joby-GorillaPod-SLR-Zoom-Tripod-Cameras/dp/B000KFRSG4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438328797&sr=1-1&keywords=gorilla+tripod

I've got loads of grip at home personally (like superclamps & various other brackets) so would likely cobble something together from those if I needed to do the same.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
31 July 2015 02:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Bongo ties are handy for attaching individual speedlites to things like thin railings & branches.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Nick Skinner is off-line
01 August 2015 02:19
snapper47
Photographer

West Sussex
Horsham

Manfrotto G clamps are excellent for attaching camera or lighting heads to railings, branches, back of chairs almost anything. Very solid in construction. Had mine 20 years so have no idea if they are still made though.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Craigchesham Maryrose Teela
andrewf Andy_B bbphotos beachman carshaltonkev cliffc Danneu david1500 djb1 duncanjames Gaudinio Ianmcculloch iestyn Images1854 James7799 john_at_tina_spice JohnDentonPhoto mareeoosh nemesis pixelking Rule_of_Thumb Shootonlocation Speedbird1977