Reminder Secure

New to fashion photography - what do you think?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
w4pictures is off-line
28 July 2015 08:35
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Outstanding. Excellent photography and any one of them would look at home in a glossy mag. Some of the classiest work I've seen here.

DANNYRICH.co . is off-line
28 July 2015 08:36
dannyrich
Photographer
dannyrich
North Yorkshire

Some excellent shots there, great work. Im with the others in that I think its exceptional.

28 July 2015 08:40
ShaunJames90
Model

I think they're all amazing shots

Paul Jones is off-line
28 July 2015 10:45
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from tthompson01
A great set of images, and as said by profile pictures better than many produce on here. However in my opinion (for what it's worth) they are more about the car and the landscape than the garments the model is wearing. Surely a great fashion shot should first and foremost concentrate the viewer on the garment

Quote from djb1
Excellent photography, but very little to do with fashion work which, primarily, features the clothes and the model not the surroundings.

There's more to 'fashion photography' than garments.

Read up on 'editorial fashion photography' versus 'advertising / commercial fashion photography'.

Link -  http://www.fashionphotographyblog.com/2009/12/advertising-vs-editorial/

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

GFWilliams is off-line
28 July 2015 11:30
GFWilliams
Photographer
GFWilliams
Surrey
Reigate

Thanks for all the comments all

I was a bit disappointed with the lighting on the last two shots, but as I said a learning curve. As for what fashion photography is and what falls under different categories I think sometimes it's nice to not worry too much and just enjoy yourself. The shoot was done at quite high expense to myself (I'm not used to paying to make shoots happen!) as an exercise to learn and make my portfolio better. Next time I'm intending to get some sponsors involved and do something even better. I might even leave the cars out, although that's unlikely

Steve Walsh is off-line
29 July 2015 05:42
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

What's most important is if you like them or not. Keep doing what you enjoy, that's the whole point isn't it?

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
29 July 2015 09:24
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Love these! Makes me want to work with you

Carpe Diem is off-line
02 August 2015 18:46
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
Suffolk
Ipswich

Wouldn't be too disapointed if they were in my portfolio

Nice work!

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
SerenWise
ad360photo cliffc ellessephotography