lco97
Model

Lancashire
Manchester

Not sure where to go from here haha

07 July 2015 20:03
PaulManuell
Photographer

You could place a casting call on here or contact local photographers whose work you like. Either way, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding photoraphers willing to work with you

w4pictures is off-line
08 July 2015 05:18
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

When models start out, they seem get various unsavoury offers of work. But there also may be perfectly genuine offers among them so you may have to start with a little weeding.

First, have a look through the profiles of the better photographers and decide what you would like to do - glamour, art, fashion, lingerie etc. - and what you think you may be good at. As above, contact a protographer whose work you admire and ask if they would be interested in a TFP shoot. You get paid not in money, but in images. These are key to eventually building a portfolio of such good pictures, that photographers will be queueing up to work with you.

Talk to other models - there will be loads in your area - and read the help and advice section here. You are pretty with a lovely smile. As Paul says, you should have no trouble attracting offers. Just make sure they are the right ones. Enjoy it and have fun.

Lu Elissa is off-line
14 July 2015 13:24
Lu_88
Model
Lu_88
Hertfordshire
Welwyn garden city

Quote from w4pictures
When models start out, they seem get various unsavoury offers of work. But there also may be perfectly genuine offers among them so you may have to start with a little weeding.

This!

I think you will do great good luck and enjoy x

Chrissie Red is off-line
14 July 2015 14:18
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

if you need any hep sorting through the unsavoury from the genuine offers that will help your portfolio please give me a shout.
Always happy to help advise new models to help them stay safe and go in the right direction!

x

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 July 2015 01:23
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Speak to Chrissie above, most photographers will do absolutely nothing to help your ambition and many will just waste your time. Equally, you will have to make a real effort to put together a great portfolio in terms of time, travel and money and the effort you add to the process will really count in the outcome. Modelling full time for a good wage is not common, especially on the long term, and you'll find only those who offer something unusual or exceptional and are both hardworking and switched on, actually manage it.

But, if you're smart, and ask advice of experienced models, you just might come away with somethiing you'll be proud of for a lifetime ( see my first sentence ) enjoy.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters mandymack
bbphotos Charles_Brooke Dave@studio99 daygo10 dhuntuk For_Arts_Sake geoffmarchant grahamsphotography James7799 keltica Kentrichuk kimsandman2 kool_kate mish65 nuclear314 Severndigital