Android photo viewing apps

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 June 2015 07:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Can anyone recommend a viewing app for photos on an Android tablet?

Some of the features I want (over and above the default one):

- The ability to have nested folders
- The ability to choose which image is the cover image for the folder (or have none at all)
- EXIF data viewing would be a bonus

I anyone's used Photo Manager Pro on an iPad/iPhone they'll know exactly what I'm after as that was perfect for my needs but sadly it's only on the iPad otherwise I'd have bought that.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Jones is off-line
20 June 2015 10:29
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Hi Steven

I use QuickPic as my default gallery now on my Android tablet and phone.  I much prefer it over the Samsung gallery.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en_GB

Cheers
Paul
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 June 2015 01:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I had a go at that but it's still nowhere near as good as I was hoping (although my iPad is still my primary tablet so it's not the end of the world) as it doesn't seem to have nested folders or allow you to pick the cover-image for each folder (basically I don't want a nude as the cover image).

I'm getting the impression though that much of it is due to restrictions with what app developers are allowed to do with Android apps (eg. they're not allowed to save to the SD card so they're making these apps as simple browsers without any decent cataloging features).

EDIT:  Just found out how to change folder covers but I'm pretty convinced it can't nest the folders (it's a minor issue though so I'll definitely be using this).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators