Reminder Secure

Everything on these sites were shot with a D90 with an 18-105 kit lens ...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 June 2015 05:34
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from riddell
The camera and lens still remains a flimsy camera that won't stand up for long to the rigours of professional use, plus that camera and lens has many limitations that will again limit many professional applications.

If his photography is solely studio based, why on earth does he need a toughened/environmentally sealed camera/lens?

And as for limitations, as I touched on the point in my post above, studio conditions actually level the playing field (so to speak) between pro and consumer level gear and he'd gain very little from an upgrade (again, if solely studio based).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Riddell is off-line
16 June 2015 03:21
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

> If his photography is solely studio based, why on earth does he need a toughened/environmentally sealed camera/lens? Because when you are shooting professionally, i.e. constantly, each and every day, 8 hours, plus the shoots that go from 9am to midnight you need a tough reliable camera. When you are in that environment the camera still gets abuse, still gets knocked. Plus just the sheer amount of frames shot is constant wear.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

J K is off-line
08 November 2015 09:24
BenwellHopper
Photographer
BenwellHopper
Tyne and Wear
newcastle upon tyne

That D90 certainly has an impressive pop up flash....

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CintraXX mandymack QueenDeeVa01 Shanti
ad360photo ElegantCaptures nemesis rscott360 Stevedphoto Terry20