Reminder Secure

Advice

Mary is off-line
18 May 2015 10:14
BrunetteBrilliance
Model

Kent
ashford

Hi guys I've been on pure storm for a while now and haven't got anywhere.
I really need some advice on what is the initial step i should take?
I have some tattoos but want to become a tattoo model. I'm fine with nudity and glamor shoots etc but not sure what my first step should be?

Please help I'd be so appreciative x

marlham is off-line
18 May 2015 10:54
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I think you should get some basic modelling shots together by working with a couple of photographers who are experienced enough to give you good direction and coaching. Nothing too adventurous - just the basics. Then at least people will be better able to see what you look like and that will encourage some worthwhile interest I'm sure.

18 May 2015 12:05
PaulManuell
Photographer

Have you ever placed any casting calls on here? If not, you should consider doing so as this may alert some photographers who've never seen your profile to your presence on here. Include areas that you'd be willing to travel to that aren't in your area, that way the net is spread wider, meaning even more photographers becoming alerted to your presence. Also, maybe consider becoming a paid up member on here as it vastly increases the amount of photos you can display. Even Silver membership has an allowance of over 40 photos and is only 2 or 3 quid a month, so well worth the very minimal outlay for the benefits gained. Hope this helps.

Steve Walsh is off-line
18 May 2015 12:41
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

I agree with what has already been said. Your portfolio pictures do you no favours. They are fine if your sticking a few selfies on Facebook, but not good enough to sell yourself as a model to a photographer. Your notes are also very thin, and need some work to bring them up to standard.
Have a look at some of the well known models reasonably local to you - Jodie Ellen, Sammyjo, Bex White etc etc. and compare your portfolio to theirs. Notice the difference?
You have been here a while, but have no references, have you never shot with a photographer? Why is there no references? What efforts have you made to get work? it certainly wont come to you.
I would suggest finally that you approach a photographer locally who's work you admire and ask for a TFP shoot. At least then you will have some decent images on your portfolio. Sort all that out, then consider upgrading to silver membership, but don't bother until you have some good shots to add.
I hope that helps, good luck.

Profile Pictures is off-line
19 May 2015 06:51
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Your portfolio comes across as a bit weird to me. Since 2011 you haven't done anything, and you want to be a tattoo model but I don't see any tattoo's. If your pictures are accurate still, you're an attractive person so I can't quite add up why you haven't done any shoots or got any feedback? Obviously you've not been enquiring after photographers, or placing any casting calls which have attracted photo opportunities. No, I just don't get it.

I could perhaps understand if you're selective about who you'll shoot with, but there are a host of very competent photographers who would agree to a shoot on a tf basis, if you haven't contacted any, perhaps now would be the time.

However, there's a strong demand for models working to nude, and they'll be approached regularly to do so. So, again, I don't really understand. Maybe you'll be able to explain ( if you think its helpful) what's been going on?

KHV is off-line
19 May 2015 07:18
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

You mean a model WITH tattoos............

Profile Pictures is off-line
19 May 2015 08:03
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

If the tattoo evidences a tattooists work, it'd be a tattoo model, like a fashion model wearing fashion.

Charlie Z  is off-lineSilver Member
19 May 2015 16:43
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

A tattoo model I think is a strange aspiration for a model that doesn't have much evidence of having tattoos ?
I'd change your write up and get some good professional pics with a good photographer on tfcd basis
Never a dull moment

20 May 2015 11:38
skphoto
Photographer

I know this is a bit left field but you could do some research, find photographers that shoot for the magazine's you want to work for and then pay them to provide the portfolio you want and need!
I know it will never catch on.... but it has to be worth a try!
S

Steve Walsh is off-line
21 May 2015 10:19
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

I can see that you posted this on the 18th, and haven't logged in since. Maybe your first step should be logging in more frequently if your keen to make it as a model?

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 Lusciousabi29
Add_barkaway bengie BobWright brettrothschild Daveinsurrey Djanimation Don_Dark duncanjames firstforimages Fluffypup freddie imageatthemill JOOPninja Ladiesman Lumen marty55uk mg MIB mickhowarth nevillenev Steveh32 TonyNutley xcellent
harbourstudio