Would you say something?

G Jack B is off-line
15 May 2015 03:39
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Well you could take the other approach ..... maybe they have learnt the error of their "mistake"... Do they have a profile at present which you could verify as being "own work"?
well its Friday and Im feeling the sun, so maybe you could cut them some slack.......
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
15 May 2015 04:53
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

I would have a quiet word with others in the group first to see if they are aware of their past. As to your original question, yes, I would say something, even if others are present.

raw and the cooked is off-line
15 May 2015 05:13
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Hell yes, I don't care if the person is male, female or transgender !Passing someone else's work off as your own is just about the worst crime anyone can commit,photographically speaking! Not onl! would I do it, I would be proud to do so! A so called friend once asked to borrow some of my wedding pics. as he was just starting out, as much as I appreciate it's tough starting in any field, suffice to say, the guy is no longer my friend!

marlham is off-line
15 May 2015 05:21
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

It depends on whether or not I thought they'd moved on from their past misdemeanours - and how they interacted with me. Everyone makes mistakes and ramming it down their throats isn't necessarily the right approach IMO.

Laurence Power is off-line
15 May 2015 07:25
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

See if you can introduce one of the photographers who's images were stolen into the group, then make sure they know that this is the individual who stole their images, you could even introduce them " xxx I'd like you to meet yyy, you may remember them, he/she was using you images in their portfolio". all you have to do then is stand back and watch :-)
Laurence J. Power

Paul Hodson is off-line
15 May 2015 10:47
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Gerry99111
I would say something to others in the group and if they didn't want to know, it would also change my view of the group itself

+1.  If you let everybody know, you would hope peer pressure would have an effect.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
15 May 2015 15:27
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

I'd probably not say anything as I wouldn't want to bring work-related grievances into a social situation.

Among a work-related group of people it may be another matter altogether, though....
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Chrissie Red is off-line
15 May 2015 16:28
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Thanks guys,

Nice to know I'm not just being overly harsh.

What made me more angry was that she actually had one of the other persons images for sale...

SHE WAS SELLING SOMEBODY ELSES WORK?

Arghh..

It was years ago, she may have learned her lesson but I just can't forget that type of thing. I did invite a couple of the other photographers work she stole but unfortunately they were unable to make it that evening which is a shame ;-)

Andy is off-line
15 May 2015 17:52
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Your tongue must be in shreds by now
lets get shootin

Qu is off-line
23 May 2015 14:49
hhoa
Photographer
hhoa
London
London

Burn her and her stolen work!!!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa danixhale KerryWright24 miles mprzyb scarlettfoxett Sifx Winterlilly Yenguo
baxter1989 bninja cefyl creakypete ElegantCaptures eosfan Fashionphotography geoffmarchant gordon GSC4X Ladiesman markeos50d MIB Njsphotography philippahh rscott360 Steveh32 Stevenbennett Vltavakrtek will_i_am