Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
13 May 2015 02:39
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Here's one of her in more recent years, bloody awful
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
13 May 2015 05:48
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

At the moment fo no obvious reason I can't get that song 'your in the army now' out of my head. Took a while to realise it was one of the songs sung at the VE day rememberance party on BBC. Don't suffer migrains but think it would give me one if I did!
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Preswylfa is off-line
13 May 2015 11:58
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Caerphilly
Blackwood

Quote from redbaron
At the moment fo no obvious reason I can't get that song 'your in the army now' out of my head. .......................

Got any 'Quo Guv?
Go on, play us some 'Quo. LOL.

Mike.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
13 May 2015 14:01
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Quote from RedChecker
Here's one of her in more recent years, bloody awful

Sorry to any fans but the wrong one was shot. RIP John

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
13 May 2015 17:16
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

I've been in restaurants and had to ask the proprietor to "please turn that awful radio station off because I'm actually trying to eat."

I like quite a mix of genres and I enjoy discovering styles outside my usual mix. But a lot of the heavily compressed, undynamic, autotuned, bollox-lacking stuff that is heard today causes me a kind of emotional pain. If I'm somewhere where it's playing and there is no escape, I try to blot it out by focussing on traffic noise and the like.

I concede this doesn't mean the artists lack talent. Adele is a good singer with a better than decent voice, but her records make me want to chew my own eyes out because it is utterly devoid of emotion - not her words or her musical conception, but the sheer sameness of expression that spans every single phrase in every single verse of every single song that does not reflect the emotional meaning. In a funny way, I find this more grievous that the autotuned crap because a talented performer who might paint an infinitely varying panorama is reduced to printing off wallpaper.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

13 May 2015 17:20
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Jazz genuinely gives me a headache. It all sounds like every band member's playing his own tune, an absolute row.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Howard Mansfield is off-line
13 May 2015 19:25
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Alan Holdsworth makes me irritable and short tempered. There's a few others that have a similar effect on me, but he's the worst.

Weirdly, other people playing in an Alan Holdsworth style don't effect me.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

14 May 2015 02:37
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from HMansfield
Alan Holdsworth makes me irritable and short tempered. There's a few others that have a similar effect on me, but he's the worst. Weirdly, other people playing in an Alan Holdsworth style don't effect me.

Just listened to a few of his songs on Spotify, that's exactly the sort of jazz that makes me cringe as it just sounds like an incoherent racket.

Back to the original topic... I once worked in Venezuela for six months and hearing their own styles of salsa and merenge gave me a headache, the latter especially as again like jazz, to me sounded pretty incoherent without structure.  That said, I do kick myself for not buying a few CDs of their music to bring back with me as a reminder of how bad it was.

John Chapman is off-lineGold Member
14 May 2015 18:58
JohnChapman
Photographer
JohnChapman
West Midlands
Solihull

Music is a very polarising medium and my taste is disturbingly narrow, but then I know what I like and I like what I know :-)
As for those I don't like, how long have we got:

Country & Western (All of it. Everything that's ever been recorded. Ever…)
Reggae (See Country & Western)
UB40 (yes I know that's reggae, but as a born & bred Brummie I have to make a particular case for this ensemble)
Musicals (Anything from musicals. Anyone who springs onto stage spouting Andrew Lloyd-Webber crap should be shot at birth)
Culture Club
Tina Turner & Cher (If there was a bus on the road to Hell, Tina Turner would be driving it & Cher would be the Clippy. Celene Dione would be waiting in the wings to check your ticket)
Take Bloody That
No Direction

Sorry, I've just realised it's late and I'm turning this into a personal vendetta (rant) against the horrors of my musical nightmares. Going to bed now, might be back with more tomorrow...
Your body's a temple ?? Mine's a bouncy castle !!!

15 May 2015 12:27
EmmWoodPhotography
Photographer

This..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91hoKAHF4HY

& come to think of it, just about EVERY nightcore'd song ever done!! Bloke in flat under me is obsessed... Someone save me!?

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Krystald pinklilly RedXXX Superhawk8 tanyacox
android_man antoinewynn claypaws cygnet djb1 eosfan frankpht GH46 gperl ianscales James7799 Ladiesman Leblanc222 Memnoch philippahh PhilStorm redbaron shadowtime74 Skystudio soulc stuartnoo