6D trade in at WEX

Matthew G is off-line
11 May 2015 16:35
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Quote from profilepictures
but you may miss the AF speed of the mk2 slightly if that's what you have right now.

I'm lost by that? How do you mean? 

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
12 May 2015 02:55
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

af speed of the mk2 simply isnt there

may have been a mistype, actually meaning the mk3, which has faster focusing
with a variety of lenses

David Hunt is off-line
12 May 2015 07:27
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

Quote from RedChecker
If you're upgrading from a 5D, you'll miss the little joystick at the back of the camera for AF point selection (I do anyway)

Yes, I have a 5D mkl.

I use the joggle wheel just behind the trigger button to change the AF point. I have just used the joystick at the back, but I prefer my method.

Someone on another site's for sale page, mentioned they had purchased one from HDEW for £899:

http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-6d-body-only-1167-p.asp

It seems a bargain.

Matthew G is off-line
13 May 2015 17:11
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Quote from dhuntuk
 Someone on another site's for sale page, mentioned they had purchased one from HDEW for £899: http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-6d-body-only-1167-p.asp It seems a bargain.

Was just about to say that's not real, its a MG is a naughty person site at that price but theyve got loads of possitive reviews on trustpilot so I'm guessing that is a great deal. It will be an imported 'grey' model but so was mine and theyre fine. My three year warranty was through a company called CPS which s american based. Nothing to do with Canon Professional Service, just the same initials! Never needed the warranty so no idea what it's like. I've owned around 20 digital Canon cameras and shot literally millions of images over the years and I have yet to have one mechanically fail on me! 

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 May 2015 13:26
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from MG
 I'm lost by that? How do you mean? 

I find the 6d slower to catch focus than the 5d2, in good light and after fast subjects like birds etc. Low light is a different story generally, but the 6d feels slower with quality glass to me.

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Donna654321
diphoto icicic VB_Photo viewphotographic