What the hell is "suggestive nude"?

Jesfish is off-line
08 May 2015 18:10
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Oh my God!...you lot should really stand back and think about the way you view models sometimes! I truly despair!

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2015 10:04
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

i get this with male models, sometimes new models, sometimes not so new.

when i email them and say i will want to photograph you nude (them, not me) but without any of
their dangly bits showing, they scream like a little girl and run for the hills.

these are models that put nude erotic etc in their profiles, LOL LOL LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

so, i gave up approx. 2 years ago. i now ask for an email address via pm,
and spell it out as i want it.

i try to make it obvious to them i'm not a pervy molester of men, (the feedback here
kinda gives that away hehehe) and explain to them the concept behind the photograph if
there is something firmed up at the time. often there is not.

i do not use the term implied nude, or gardening gloves, or hand bra or anything like
that, i just tell them what i want from the model, in plain language.

i think that's the best.

however, IF ps wanted to DEFINE the term implied nude, and put a tickbox
by it, wouldn't that be the solution (i.e. they force us to read the definition
before we tick the box )

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 May 2015 11:11
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from alexcrawford
..........and explain to them the concept behind the photograph if there is something firmed up at the time...................

Oh dear!  smiley

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Zanussi is off-line
27 May 2015 01:29
zanussi
Photographer
zanussi
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Suggestive nude is my favourite, I think there is nothing better than artful shadows or folds of cloth just teasingly hiding detail. But I would never dream of using a model unless the agreement was for nude, and payment if applicable. Frankly I do not want the model second guessing what the image is displaying, or worse still trying to censor the poses during the shoot. This goes at all levels, if you want deep cleavage or visible nipples then pay topless!

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
kategrimsby
johndentonphoto wnynm