Reminder Secure

What the hell is "suggestive nude"?

05 May 2015 04:18
johnlp
Photographer

Seen on new models' profile.

I know Purestorm has been going a long time and it's probably too late to ask for changes, but, please can we have an "Implied topless" and "Implied nude" tick box on models' profiles?  It just saves time reading their blurb before finding out that they want to hide behind hands, hats, polar bears etc.
Moderator Input
At membership request the 'Implied' category was removed* as it was causing massive issues,
endless arguments and even several complaints following disagreement over meaning.
* circa 2008/9

OldMaster is off-line
05 May 2015 04:53
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Yup...I read that!!! One of the reasons I closed my paid account on here. These aren't models, sadly like so many on here, just looking to earn some money from those who aren't photographers!! As long as the "style" and level suits them of course (and doesn't upset their BF's?)

Their choice of course but it has become increasingly tedious to filter the wheat from the chaff (as is so apparent from the HP thumbnails that rarely change one month to the next). PS has become a mostly chaff site, which includes so many GWC's as well of course?

marlham is off-line
05 May 2015 06:38
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from OldMaster
Yup...I read that!!! One of the reasons I closed my paid account on here. These aren't models, sadly like so many on here, just looking to earn some money from those who aren't photographers!! As long as the "style" and level suits them of course (and doesn't upset their BF's?) Their choice of course but it has become increasingly tedious to filter the wheat from the chaff (as is so apparent from the HP thumbnails that rarely change one month to the next). PS has become a mostly chaff site, which includes so many GWC's as well of course?

Is life really as depressing for you as it sounds?

05 May 2015 06:53
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from johnlp

I know Purestorm has been going a long time and it's probably too late to ask for changes, but, please can we have an "Implied topless" and "Implied nude" tick box on models' profiles?  It just saves time reading their blurb before finding out that they want to hide behind hands, hats, polar bears etc.
Moderator Input
At membership request the 'Implied' category was removed* as it was causing massive issues,
endless arguments and even several complaints following disagreement over meaning.
* circa 2008/9

Fair enough.

Perhaps the model means that when she's nude she will be suggestive.  She could get lots of replies.

John at Tina Spice is off-lineSilver Member
05 May 2015 07:49
john_at_tina_spice
Photographer
john_at_tina_spice
London
Greenwich

Can we have extra tick boxes for hats and polar bears then?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 May 2015 07:52
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Whilst we're at it, 'hand bras' would be worth adding too
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
05 May 2015 08:00
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from RedChecker
Whilst we're at it, 'hand bras' would be worth adding too

And how about Lady Gardening Gloves as well?
Bob

T is off-line
06 May 2015 13:54
Snarf
Photographer

London

"Perhaps the model means that when she's nude she will be suggestive"

Which model was this ?

rootofsilence is off-line
07 May 2015 09:25
rootofsilence
Photographer

Somerset

Quote from johnlp

Moderator Input

* circa 2008/9

For god's sake, can't you make it easier for the amazing photographers on this site to see what girls will get naked for them. *rollseyes*

07 May 2015 11:29
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from rootofsilence
For god's sake, can't you make it easier for the amazing photographers on this site to see what girls will get naked for them. *rollseyes*

Nice to see comments from like-minded photographers.  So often you just get bitchy comments.  Well done sir!

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Anniebabe fashion29 merseyjen
alt antoinewynn Blancho carpe_diem fannmore Hush IanHighlander jayfish keltica Kjoservices MauricesImagery oro poah rembrandt robski rscott360 si_mo siclews Steveh32 whitepython