Reminder Secure

2 Shoots.. Gone down with the lurgy!

29 April 2015 07:48
emmwood
Model

Feel like screaming! Got two shoots this week (Thu & Fri), both of which I've been looking forward to. I've gone down with a flu-like bug everyone seems to be catching at the moment which apparently can last 4-5 weeks!! I've emailed both to let them know and said I am happy to still go and shoot what we can, but that I will struggle with gymnastics/dance elements due to being so bunged up and headachey. I've also offered to reschedule.. I don't know what to do for the best. I don't want to just turn up and then be rubbish, and I also don't want to let them down!

marlham is off-line
29 April 2015 08:10
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I haven't had a day off work due to illness for at least 10 years - probably much longer. If I do start to feel a bit under-the-weather I find a good dose of sea air works wonders.

29 April 2015 08:57
emmwood
Model

I have told them both I'm willing to work, it's just.. Have you ever tried to do gymnastics when your whole body hurts and you can hardly breathe the right way up along with a stonking head ache, coughing, sneezing and snotting? I'm gonna be utterly useless. If it was art nude etc I'd be fine. I haven't got the energy to ride my ponies today let alone flip around

HowardJ is off-line
29 April 2015 11:40
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Its best to be upfront about your illness and agree to reschedule. I had a model booked for last Friday and she only told me she was feeling unwell when I arrived. We ended up stopping the shoot after 30mins (it was a 4 hr shoot) as she was feeling dizzy and had been sick. Sickness does happen, but its best to say in advance and go for a reschedule.

Chrissie Red is off-line
29 April 2015 11:53
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I think your doing the right thing by being upfront about how you are feeling. A few years ago I woke up and felt awful so contacted the photographer I was scheduled to shoot with later that day. I left the decision up to him and he still wanted to go ahead with the shoot. I'm sure the shoot was supposed to be for 4 hours but after 2 hours posing in a cold location my little body couldn't take much more so in the end he paid me for the 2 hours. He used the images we did get on his portfolio so thankfully he was happy enough with what we got and I'm sure he appreciated me trying my hardest despite feeling awful to get to him.

I think its easy for people to forget we are humans, and sometimes we genuinely don't feel fantastic.

If you are really struggling though I do suggest you cancel the shoots, the last thing you want is to end up feeling much worse, and i don't think any photographer would want you to end up more ill after a shoot with them.

good luck - lots of sleep/ tea/ rest until the very last minute - thats how i cope with unwanted colds/flus when I have shoots coming up.

basically every ounce of energy I have in my body is used for the shoots then its straight back to bed

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Cody Winterlilly
aw72 Dolayley edwards Essexjohn GlasgowPhotographer GSC4X JohnDentonPhoto keltica Morphy22 peteb RJA_Photography Robinsky rod_m99 Rscott360 Shootonlocation stevegosh Steveh32 Stuartb thelook vipimages