Minimum age for a bikini shoot.

This thread is being watched by 1 person
canonboy1066 is off-lineSilver Member
23 April 2015 16:49
billy1300
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

Tyne and Wear

Hi all I have hade a request from a new model to do a beach bikini shoot. What is the minimum age the model can be to do a shoot like this. The model is 16.
Would appreciate some advise on this matter please
Thanks billy.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
23 April 2015 17:17
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

There is no minimum age. All the law states is it is illegal to take an indecent image of a child. Which is anyone under 18.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
23 April 2015 19:51
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from redbaron
There is no minimum age. All the law states is it is illegal to take an indecent image of a child. Which is anyone under 18.

And defining "indecent" is a can of worms!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

marlham is off-line
23 April 2015 20:16
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Just had a look at your port and I don't understand why you'd want to shoot a 16 year old in a bikini - regardless of whether or not the images were considered indecent.

If you were a high street professional with a reputation and a portfolio to match then that would be one thing. But as an amateur with a portfolio full of am-glam you'll be judged in a different light by anyone who becomes aware of the shoot - teachers, family, school friends, parents of school friends etc etc.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 April 2015 02:14
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Why would anyone in their right mind even consider going down this route?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

canonboy1066 is off-lineSilver Member
24 April 2015 02:29
billy1300
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

Try reading my original post befor posting ur reply. I was asking on behalf of the model as I did not know the law stood on that subject.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 April 2015 02:48
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As said, the law is ambiguous. But why risk putting yourself in the firing line? (be it a parent's anger, police investigation, risk to your job etc.)

I personally wouldn't even shoot U18s fully clothed, not only are people too hyper-sensitive over these issues (even if legal) they can also cause merry hell via social media (anonymously too).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Aegean is off-lineSilver Member
24 April 2015 03:18
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

The only way I would shoot a minor, even fully clothed, would be with written parental consent and the parent or legal guardian present for the whole shoot. I would probably decline the work due to the extra 'hassle-factor'.
www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

H photos is off-line
24 April 2015 03:45
designerhugh
Photographer

Hampshire

Quote from redbaron

This is best avoided unless on a professional shoot for a catalogue company like NEXT ( where you have a genuine reason for this shoot, but no doubt NEXT would probably use a model over 18 ). Any sign of the images looking sexual and that could be many things from posing to bikini cut etc is a no go.

(remember catalogue companies have stylist and are use to working with under 18s and would have correct procedures in place)

If the police look at the images and they decide they are indecent then they would take matters further.

My advice shoot a model who is over 18 with ID. (passport or photo driving license)

Mao Zhu Photography is off-line
24 April 2015 06:10
MaoZhu
Photographer

Wiltshire
Warminster

Personally I cannot even understand why you are asking the question. Even if it is not on your behalf it is something that should be avoided like the plaque. It is so full of problems that somewhere along the line the smallest slip could become the biggest problem in your life.

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
aphoto82 Bane711 George99 iestyn photofrank Platidonio sammylhel siclews Steveh32 viewphotographic