Reminder Secure

This thread is being watched by 1 person
silver-star is off-line
21 April 2015 19:50
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Surrey

I was a member of Purestorm around 6-8 years ago then had a break for a while due to an issue with mods (happily resolved). Since rejoining I have noticed the number of people online has dropped by at least a third. I often used the online feature to find models to replace "no shows" or for last minute bookings but now I never see more than 2 lines of text in the "Who's Online" section of the Forum page.

Is this down to more accurate web function, less people shooting or have people moved to other sites?

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
22 April 2015 05:49
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

I certainly use this site less than the others now as it's full of adult work

marlham is off-line
22 April 2015 06:13
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

My personal experience is that Facebook (and to some extent Twitter)  is now a much greater force in securing shoots than it was even a few years ago. There are groups, both regional and national, geared towards finding models - last minute or otherwise - and of course the notifications go direct to peoples' phones. Nine out of ten of my shoots are arranged there - the other one here. FB works well if you're an established photographer with a track record on a recognised modelling site such as Purestorm but perhaps less well if you're new, or thought to be new, to model photography. Or if you're primarily interested in working with local models FB works well too.

silver-star is off-line
22 April 2015 09:56
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Surrey

True Cody, hope you are well btw? I haven't found facebook that good for finding models although I have only had a page for my photography around a month so will give it time.

JP

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Hann kacie Kerrylou Kitty_1 RoxyMendez
2bridgesphotography bob22 copperbronze Don_Dark duncanjames ellessephotography firsttake Funder005 hjphoto humphries mlp nickdandalos parafotos siclews Steveharratt trouble72