the MOST serious of questions ?

Andy is off-line
01 April 2015 14:38
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

What flavour ? is the filling in a creme egg ?
lets get shootin

HowardJ is off-line
01 April 2015 15:01
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Forget the filling. They've changed the chocolate casing to no longer be dairy milk!!! It's a national disgrace.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 April 2015 15:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

And also it's half the size of what it used to be. I know this as I had a Creme Egg eggcup for easter as a kid with a Creme egg that fit snug inside it, you can almost get two in now.

The chocolate's also a lot thinner, it used to be quite difficult to crack them or knaw through them but now it's quite thin.

They've utterly ruined one of our national treasures.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
01 April 2015 16:56
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I am in mourning. Progress my arse.

w4pictures is off-line
01 April 2015 17:31
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Its no yolk!

02 April 2015 01:16
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I would love to see their sales figures, and furthermore what cynical means of 'improvement' they can use to increase sales/profits.

For this year's batch they've changed the chocolate, reduced the size (I think) and reduced a multipack from half a dozen to five. They must really think their customers are absolute mugs, and sadly if sales don't improve (I'm suspecting they're bad this year) they'll likely simply ditch the product altogether rather than return it to how it was.

The good news is that the Yanks want to force their own RedChecker is a naughty person ty Hershey chocolate (among others) onto us
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

HowardJ is off-line
02 April 2015 01:56
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

However some of changes are caused by a worldwide increase in the cost of cocoa. Rather than hike the price of a product they're using less chocolate in it by either reducing size or thickness of the chocolate.

02 April 2015 02:07
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

While there's probably a degree of truth in that, although I suspect that isn't the primary reason for making them smaller, the chocolate thinner, changing the recipe, reducing the boxes from 6 to 5. And I'm pretty sure the prices are going up as well anyway. Mars chocolate has remained the same size though and prices of their stuff hasn't got silly so I'm not entirely convinced by that argument anyway (although they don't do king size ones like they used to, but that's more to do with appeasing the do-gooders moaning about it and spoiling the fun).

Like I said, I'd love to see their sales figures at the end of this year (and compared to previous years).

I for one won't buy Cadbury's chocolate any more as all their chocolate products have been gradually reduced in size (they've been clever about it though... changing the shape of each piece in a bar to make the outward appearance the same size but gradually reducing volume of chocolate) and costs keep going up. In fact, the likes of Thornton's seem pretty good value in comparison nowadays.

Mickey is off-line
02 April 2015 03:09
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from RedChecker
I would love to see their sales figures, and furthermore what cynical means of 'improvement' they can use to increase sales/profits. For this year's batch they've changed the chocolate, reduced the size (I think) and reduced a multipack from half a dozen to five. They must really think their customers are absolute mugs, and sadly if sales don't improve (I'm suspecting they're bad this year) they'll likely simply ditch the product altogether rather than return it to how it was. The good news is that the Yanks want to force their own mikethefoto is a naughty person ty Hershey chocolate (among others) onto us

Be fair, they are not treating us like mugs, just assuming we have the same pitiful IQ as most of their domestic customers... George Bush, Dick Cheney, Joan Rivers, the list is endless.
Alternatively, perhaps they are acting from a sense of altruism, protecting us from our own vices (me included) by making them taste so bloody horrible that no-one will eat them, therefore cutting down on obesity.

louise pearce is off-linePlatinum Member
02 April 2015 13:47
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/12/shellshock-cadbury-comes-clean-on-creme-egg-chocolate-change

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Claretberet ElleLaura Emmaheron Genevil GLORIA_S LucasJacques missloulou
bob22 clarmike digitizer djb1 frank4 j_project Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB photostevo redbaron Rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed
harbourstudio Lensmaster