Reminder Secure

Everyone is an "Analyst" these days

Simon Chan is off-line
21 March 2015 16:26
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Years ago, particularly in areas of IT, to be an "analyst" in a job is looked upon as particularly senior in the field usually with a degree background and years of experience in a highly intensive environment. Even when getting a motor insurance if you are involved in IT you might get lower premium if you call yourself an "analyst". Recently the job title of an "analyst" has been extensively used by a lot of people such as office clerks and junior grade technicians. In job adverts for an "analyst" it is no longer automatically reflect highly experience with big salary attached, so is the term of "analyst" being overused and dumbed down?
BTW I have use "analyst" instead of "engineer" in my motor insurance application and my premium remains the same

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 March 2015 16:57
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Aren't cleaners now called 'environmental technicians' or something? (I think it's all to do with simply calling them a cleaner is said to be degrading)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Simon Chan is off-line
21 March 2015 17:04
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Housewife =Domestic Engineer

What I don't get is some of these "analyst" don't actually do any analysing but still rely on being supervised and passing the buck.

HowardJ is off-line
21 March 2015 17:42
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Join the club. Everyone is an architect too these days.

Chrissie Red is off-line
22 March 2015 07:35
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Everyone is a photographer & model.

Simon Chan is off-line
22 March 2015 12:08
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Everyone is a photographer & model.

I'm a model....employee

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE chosin Kaylie kealeyanne123 Lusciousabi29 mandymack Natalie120525 Theenglishrose wildchief
Aquarian bbphotos Blancho Brian2008 chopper_images dirkus eosfan Fstop gazzer59 humphries iamge john_at_tina_spice JohnDentonPhoto Ladiesman lester2705 mareeoosh oro peteb PhilStorm photomart psn scottmcccxiv star_shots stephenmuddell stevegosh timbham westend_portfolios woody