Reminder Secure

Opinions on my portfolio?.. Would you shoot with me?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
scarlett is off-line
15 March 2015 13:12
scarlett_richards
Model
scarlett_richards
Essex
Wethersfield, Braintree

Hello,

I've been out of modelling for a while but thought I'd start again!
I have a few piercings and tattoos and I know sometimes this can be off putting to photographers...
I would really appreciated opinions so I can bear them in mind when shooting
Also any tips or advice on what sort of shoots etc... I should do?

Thanks guys & girls!

Scarlett x
Scarlett x

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 March 2015 13:40
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Your portfolio right probably doesn't show you at your best, or do you many favours. It appears you've worked with people more interested in nudity than photography. There's a market there of course, and you'll gain some paid work based upon that alone. However, I was struck initially by how dull the pictures are and without any real attention to detail or composition with murky lighting. Those aren't very good photos. In terms of your ability, it's impossible to assess currently since the range displayed is really limited. I'd suggest you try lingerie, clothed shots, some outdoor work and some portraits to give an idea of how you pose and what you bring to a shoot in modelling terms. Your rates are off putting since I see today an extremely popular and accomplished model here shootin for £25 p/h and with a cast iron reputation, levels to art nude and a solid repertoire of model ability. You're too expensive currently.

So, possibly yes, I'd shoot with you maybe, though I can't be bothered with the chaperone thing, but it'd be TF.

Harvey Gordon is off-line
18 March 2015 19:18
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
London

I agree with most of Profilepictures. You need to build a good port and your prcing is high. I pay up to £200 per full day art nude and fetish for well established models. the key to making money is volume and regularity of bookings not just one or two at a high price.

If you want serious good images to promaote yourself you will need to approach photographers whoes work you like and represents what you want to do and offer TF. The photographer still has to spend his / her time, provide a studio and edut images, so you would be getting the best of the deal.

If you had a shop you would try and get the best window display possible

King13 is off-lineSilver Member
19 March 2015 08:27
kingnorman13NK
Photographer

London

I have to agree with previous comments. For your rates I would expect to see proven ability and your portfolio doesn't demonstrate this. You are also lacking full length shots. I wouldn't afford the risk.
From your Stats combined with the few photos, however, I can believe there is potential so I would consider TF.

Katie Soze is off-line
03 April 2015 21:03
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

I think you're promising, but I'd have to see better photos of you (probably ones just snapshots took by a friend) to commit to booking you. Sometimes snapshots are better than an unflattering portfolio.

GR Photography is off-line
21 July 2015 12:09
GRPhotography
Photographer
GRPhotography
Berkshire

based on your portfolio , I would say no... this is not to say that I would out and out say no ... but its a matter of would you buy a car from only being able to see the headlight

Try Harder - Failure is not an option

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Frankirae
ad360photo Blancho donaldmac Ladiesman Lanedor laurencejpower markeos50d mauricesimagery nemesis Photojames43 Richie658 rscott360 Shootonlocation Studio1 thelook