Reminder Secure

The "Ugly" Girl's Guide to Modelling published by New Haven!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Anita De Bauch is off-lineSilver Member
01 March 2015 08:44
AnitaDeBauch
Model
AnitaDeBauch
Somerset
Bristol

I'm so thrilled to be able to say that my precious book is now available globally via Waterstones, Amazon, WH Smith, Fishpond and (shortly) Barnes & Noble!

The publisher, New Haven, has been really great with me, allowing me the time to make the book perfect and understanding that I didn't want to compromise at all! This is exactly what I was visualising, perhaps even better, so I'm just really happy to say that I can share everything I know about making a good living from modelling without an agency in this book!

Many thanks to all the wonderful photographers who contributed creatively and wrote the back cover comments, including Perou, SHOWstudio, Jamila and Stephen Perry, and to Roswell Ivory and Bareskin Beauty for writing chapters.

You can keep an eye on it on your Amazon Wishlist, order a copy and leave a review here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0957517092/

Many thanks, and lots of love to all the "ugly" girls out there who aren't over 5'8", under 21 or unusually lucky, turned down by agencies but still carving their own paths as beautiful artists and CEOs of their own businesses. We can be whatever we want to be as long as we know how!

Anita xxx
anitadebauch.com - anitadebauch.tumblr.com

HowardJ is off-line
01 March 2015 08:53
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Very cool.

Congratulations

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
01 March 2015 11:01
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

That's very impressive. Well done.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Profile Pictures is off-line
01 March 2015 13:04
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Well done, I'd like to read this.

Dave A is off-lineGold Member
01 March 2015 14:40
anthon
Photographer
anthon
Merseyside
west kirby/wirral

good luck with this book ,sure to be a great read !.

missloulou is off-line
01 March 2015 17:17
missloulou
Model
missloulou
Bristol

Awesome! I'm going to have to get this! I get fed up with people asking me questions on modelling as they want to do it. Next time I'll just give em your book

Congrats
xxxx

w4pictures is off-line
02 March 2015 14:27
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Congratulations. A great achievement.

fitnude is off-line
02 March 2015 15:26
actiongirl
Model

London

congratulations! I usually have my head buried in a copy of "Computers for Dummies" or suchlike but will go to my local WHS/Waterstones to check it out!

Anita De Bauch is off-lineSilver Member
06 March 2015 11:29
AnitaDeBauch
Model
AnitaDeBauch
Somerset
Bristol

Thanks for all the support, everyone!

I have more good news! Every university in the UK has ordered a copy for their library, including Oxford and Cambridge, so if you know any students you can probably read it for free before buying your own copy!

There is also a copy in the British Library.

If you like the book, it would be great if you could share your experience on Amazon's review system here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0957517092/

I'm really excited by how well the book is being received!

Anita x
anitadebauch.com - anitadebauch.tumblr.com

Stu-Art UK is off-line
08 March 2015 17:40
stu_art
Photographer
stu_art
Dorset

Congratulations Anita,

It has been on my 'await release' list on Amazon since it first popped up on there. So am waiting for my copy to arrive now.

Look forward to reading it :-)
"Capture what you see, see what you captured"

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
joann2
abouncer cygnet photofrank Steveh32