A question for (glamour) models

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2015 04:15
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

What's with all the blokes on Facebook & Twitter etc., especially from middle/far east, wishing you things like good night, good morning, and happy birthday almost every day and all year round?  

Doesn't it creep you out a bit?

I say glamour models because I don't generally see it with other models, I'm presuming it's some sort of chatup line combined with a serious culture clash & misunderstanding of what's creepy/not creepy.  Bizarre.

And further to the middle/far east thing.... why do they tag girls in seemingly random images?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Pete Whelan is off-line
23 February 2015 06:16
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2015 08:36
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from RedChecker
What's with all the blokes on Facebook & Twitter etc., especially from middle/far east, wishing you things like good night, good morning, and happy birthday almost every day and all year round?  

But surely these guys are their friends, aren't they?

I say good night and good morning to my friends all the time, as I was taught it is politeness to do so; though I must confess that I don't use TwitFace etc. to find friends so maybe my friends are different from (glamour) models' friends.

As for the Middle East dimension, if a specific 'culture' prevents females making friends with males it's not really surprising that some of these males might look to make friends with females who are not constrained in the same way as those who are closer to them.

Bob

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2015 09:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Bob
But surely these guys are their friends, aren't they?

I say good night and good morning to my friends all the time, as I was taught it is politeness to do so; though I must confess that I don't use TwitFace etc. to find friends so maybe my friends are different from (glamour) models' friends.

One thing I forgot to mention is the emphasis these men place on referring to these women as 'princess'.  Surely you don't refer to all your female friends as princess in every sentence?  (again, it's very creepy and a bit nudge-nudge-wink-wink when coming from someone from this country)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2015 09:19
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from RedChecker
One thing I forgot to mention is the emphasis these men place on referring to these women as 'princess'.  Surely you don't refer to all your female friends as princess in every sentence?

As the traditional form of address for females where I come from is 'hen' or 'doll', as Ella and Joe in turn refer to Mary in this clip, princess strikes me as quite sweet really.
Bob

Tiina  is off-line
23 February 2015 13:01
tiinak
Model
tiinak
California
San Diego

I used to get that, not so much anymore..but I don't do so much glamour anymore
"live your dream, don't dream your life" x

23 February 2015 16:39
JadedRed
Model

I mostly get guys talking to me about various TV programmes I watch.

Although there are people I have blocked so the only way they can "contact" me is to post replies to everything on my page. I don't get any notifications though so I leave them to it.

If I have a disproportionate amount from Asia that's because I've met people through visiting Asia and learning Mandarin. None of them call me princess. They never tag me in random images.

Sapphire is off-lineSilver Member
24 February 2015 12:22
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

hahaha - i WISH that was the weirdest thing I got on twitter lol
And also just to point out it is men from ALL over the world and english guys are equally as creepy sometimes - what you have to remember in the glamour and adult industry is that these people pay the bills so best to just to smile and accept the creepiness because they are going to be buying the content
Sapphire Blue - RockStone Productions - Going Confidently In The Direction Of my Dreams, Living The Life I Imagined

Amber West is off-line
26 February 2015 05:57
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Twitter is less of a problem. Facebook.... Ugh. Not at all confined to Middle Eastern blokes at all (not sure where you got that), Though I will say I do get a lot of random Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Turkish/Indian dudes who see my personal profile (not associated with Amber) and puresly from my first name and photo they can see I am female so I used to get lots of stupid messages, before I locked down privacy on it.

What I didn't not realize before Facebook is that it seems 95% of the male population appear to be sadly lacking in vocabulary beyond, 'hi' or sometimes slight variations. I swear it's an epidemic. my inbox is filled with:
Hi
hi
Hi
Hi Amber
Hiiiii
Hey
hey....
Amber

Some get really aggressive and escalate quickly from 'hi' to telling me what a rude slag I am.

I also had one British gentleman who seemed rather concerned that I don't know the time of day it was, 'morning', 'afternoon', 'evening', and 'night' went on for weeks! I can assure you all I can be a bit ditzy, but do know how to tell time!
As for tagging thing, I don't always think it peoples fault as half the time think it's just spam bots

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
11 March 2015 13:47
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

From my observations it's a bit like an arms race (metaphorically speaking). I was talking to a young lady last week who was supposed to be working for me, she had 2500 friends; within days she had over 3000 so-called friends. Why do people feel the need to add people they don't even know? By the way the young lady failed to turn up.

I'm too old for this, trying to gather as many friends as possible using tactics like, I'm a lesbian and this is my lesbian partner. Then there's the one where they show a bit of boob, deliberately, and then moan when Facebook suspends them knowing full well that their friends will rally round. That's just 2 attention seeking tactics I've noticed. I could mention many more....
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
coturnix rembrandt rscott360