Reminder Secure

Working from home....skivers or flexible?

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2015 07:46
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

C'mon. Cut the poor guy a bit of slack. Don't you realise Chandos is stuck in the land of the Diddymen and jam butty mines, where they use the 1st generation keyboard.

Up there, the world looks very different from their perspective.

Bob

Paul Hodson is off-line
23 February 2015 09:27
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Bob
C'mon. Cut the poor guy a bit of slack. Don't you realise Chandos is stuck in the land of the Diddymen and jam butty mines, where they use the 1st generation keyboard.

Up there, the world looks very different from their perspective.

Bob

Oy!  I came from there!  smiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Chrissie Red is off-line
23 February 2015 12:03
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

There are some people in life who are skivers, I've seen it in offices myself - People nipping to the "loo" for 25 minutes 3x a day.
Those people would do that Chrissie_Red is a naughty person wether they are in an office or not, they are just lazy people and unfortunately there isn't much an employer can do in that situation. You can't really tell people when they can or can't go to the "toilet".

On the other hand I've seen my husband working from home a couple of times and I'm amazed at how much he gets done. He doesn't need to commute, he doesn't have to get up to make the office coffee (I make him his coffee when he is here) and he doesn't need an hour for lunch because I will make his lunch for him. Then again he is probably the least "slacking" type person I know. 0 sick days in 7 years and even if he is granted time off for bereavement he will still nip into the office to do some work.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2015 12:15
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Those people would do that RedChecker is a naughty person wether they are in an office or not

It's all down to the individual and their self discipline

/THREAD cheeky
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

click_gotcha is off-line
26 February 2015 07:43
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

I try to shirk from home at least twice a week.

OldMaster is off-line
28 February 2015 09:28
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

I recall having "office" jobs where vast amounts of time were wasted, distractions, chatting, tea breaks..but it depends on the person and the job doesn't it!

Only one thing is relevant..is the job in hand finished to the required standard and on time which doesn't seem to happen much in the corporate world, most of which work from offices?

I often think that those who work in offices should try the self employment route? Of course there is also increasingly a move towards both sexes taking more time and responsibility for the family. This is positive and at last catching up with many European countries.

The whole "office culture" with it's waste of duplicating energy consumption, time wasted not working, and lack of flexibility to accommodate people's real needs must change....life is not about routine, sitting in traffic jams or crowded trains both ways every working day of your "life"..if you can call it that!!

I except there are some jobs where working in one location is desirable but there are so many that are not required, thankfully, and achingly slowly the culture is starting to change...

Profile Pictures is off-line
28 February 2015 13:57
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Well put old master

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE ElleLaura
63jian andrewf Andy_B diller djb1 edb funky GlasgowPhotographer IronHouse Jan77 Ladiesman metro philippahh photostevo psn rmi robhillphoto Robinsky Steveharratt stevie_de VB_Photo