This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul Hodson is off-line
21 February 2015 11:25
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Invent an address such as Paulman64xyz@mailinator.com. Make it really unique. Use this to receive emails

Go to mailinator.com and enter that address and anything sent to it will be there. The address is not private - anyone can log into it and the stuff self destructs after a few hours!

See

http://mailinator.com/faq.html
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Moi is off-line
21 February 2015 11:54
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from PaulManuell
OH FFS! I finally just managed to create a new gmail acct. from my phone after 2 days of frustrated trying, only for it to be disabled as soon as I tried to sign in immediately after creating it. WHY??? This is doing my clearview_photography is a naughty person head in. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Why the obsession with gmail, there must be other providers, you do seem to make life difficult for yourself
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
21 February 2015 13:03
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/43692

Yes the point is to NOT get another gmail account. Google free email accounts. Then use that to provide a contract to Google so that van tell you what's wrong

22 February 2015 02:27
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from clearview_photography
Why the obsession with gmail, there must be other providers, you do seem to make life difficult for yourself

It's not that I'm obsessed with gmail, it's just that that's what my other 2 accounts, plus the one I created that was disabled immediately, were. I want to stay with gmail so I can contact them to try to get my 2 original ones re-enabled, but wouldn't know how to contact them if I had an email account with someone else cos presumably any 'contact us' link would be for whichever email provider I was with. So if I was with, say, Yahoo for instance, if they had a 'contact us' link, then surely that would be to contact Yahoo, not gmail? Sorry if I'm not making any sense; I know what I'm trying to say but finding it difficult to put into words. Anyway, I'm giving up on it for now as it's stressing me out too much. I can still send and receive Purestorm emails through the site's internal system, so it's not a total disaster. Thanks everyone for all your advice and suggestions though, I really do appreciate it.

Mantisphoto is off-lineSilver Member
22 February 2015 17:14
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Birmingham

It sounds to me like Gmail doesnt like you...

When they realised something was wrong with your account they have probably now put your IP address (the method of tracking all devices connected to the internet) to a banned list and thats why new accounts are getting disabled immediately...

Create an account with another provider... and use that... and then query gmail as to why you are blocked.

23 February 2015 02:11
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from mantisphoto
It sounds to me like Gmail doesnt like you...

When they realised something was wrong with your account they have probably now put your IP address (the method of tracking all devices connected to the internet) to a banned list and thats why new accounts are getting disabled immediately...
Create an account with another provider... and use that... and then query gmail as to why you are blocked.

But I don't have a clue what I've done for them to not like me; one day both accounts were fine, the next, having not written anything on either account the day before, they were disabled. I really haven't the slightest idea why. And your suggestion to set up an email account with someone else then contact gmail to ask why they've disabled me; well that's the stumbling block for me cos I wouldn't have a clue how to contact gmail from a non gmail account. As I said in my previous post, surely any 'contact us' link on any email account I set up with someone other than gmail would only be to contact whichever email company I'm using at that time, so 'contact us' if I was with, say, Yahoo would only be to contact Yahoo, surely? How would I contact one email company from another one? Seriously, it's way over my head all of this, and tbh, apart from being frustrated at not knowing the reason why gmail have actually disabled my accounts, I'm probably better off just not having any email accounts full stop if it's this complicated.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
23 February 2015 08:00
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PaulManuell
Seriously, it's way over my head all of this

Paul, rather than stringing this saga out further why don't you just book yourself some time on a computer at your local library or community centre and then ask one of the staff to sit beside you and help you sort your problem?
Bob

23 February 2015 15:26
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Bob
Paul, rather than stringing this saga out further why don't you just book yourself some time on a computer at your local library or community centre and then ask one of the staff to sit beside you and help you sort your problem?

Bob

Thanks Bob, everything you said makes perfect sense and I really should follow your advice. Trouble is, I know 'me', and that 'me' has a propensity for impatience and getting extremely flustered when trying to learn things beyond my abilities, so I know (unfortunately) I'm likely to throw a childish strop and storm out of any computing lesson if I was struggling with it. So, for now at least, I'm not going to bother with trying to sort this email stuff out anymore. As I said above, I can still send and receive emails through Purestorm's internal system, so that's fine by me

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Lilly_69 Lushlolly tashaholz
anthonyk diphoto Djanimation djb1 dorrian Dphphotography edb Essexjohn JTD Kestrel KrissB Ladiesman michaelangelo modelboutique panda49 photostevo pierre Rscott360 russb russbenwalker steve7962
Matt