Reminder Secure

Gmail accts. disabled.

This thread is being watched by 1 person
19 February 2015 11:24
PaulManuell
Photographer

I have (or should that be had?) 2 gmail accts., one which I use(d) purely for Purestorm, the other for everything else. Well today I've gone to log into them, only to receive a message on each one that they've been disabled. No reason is given, and using the link to contact them about it is a waste of time as they want you to give an email address they can contact you on about your enquiry. A bit difficult when they've actually disabled both my accts., meaning I wouldn't be able to see any replies they send me anyway. Frustrating as PaulManuell is a naughty person ! There's no contact no. (that I can see anyway) to speak to a human being about this, so is anyone able to advise me on this, please?

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
19 February 2015 13:16
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

I don't see the problem?

Create an email address and get them to contact you.

Use mail.com, Yahoo, whatever if you don't want to make another gmail.

19 February 2015 14:03
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from cziiki
I don't see the problem?
Create an email address and get them to contact you.
Use mail.com, Yahoo, whatever if you don't want to make another gmail.

The problem is I'm not very internet savvy; I only have basic Nokia, no computer or anything, and from memory I even had to have someone set my actts. up for me in the first place. This afternoon I've tried to set up another gmail acct. on this phone, but when I get to certain stages it wipes out everything I've entered prior to getting to that stage. Had 5 attempts then gave up in frustration. Hadn't thought of going down the Yahoo route, but assuming I give it a go and successfully manage to set up an acct., what's the email address of whoever I need to send my gmail enquiry to?

19 February 2015 14:18
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Ok someone else can create an Email address fir you, tell you the password, then you can use that. It's probably a security issue, I.e. Your emails have been used for spam. I can do it but doing a shoot right now!

Moi is off-line
19 February 2015 17:22
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from PaulManuell
The problem is I'm not very internet savvy; I only have basic Nokia, no computer or anything, and from memory I even had to have someone set my actts. up for me in the first place. This afternoon I've tried to set up another gmail acct. on this phone, but when I get to certain stages it wipes out everything I've entered prior to getting to that stage. Had 5 attempts then gave up in frustration. Hadn't thought of going down the Yahoo route, but assuming I give it a go and successfully manage to set up an acct., what's the email address of whoever I need to send my gmail enquiry to?

Maybe try the link you mentioned in your opening post

Quote from PaulManuell..................and using the link to contact them about it is a waste of time as they want you to give an email address they can contact you on about your enquiry..........

I'm sure you have your own reasons for only being able to access the internet via a phone but from the amount of times you mention it it does seem to be making life difficult for you
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

20 February 2015 02:58
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from clearview_photography
Maybe try the link you mentioned in your opening post

But surely that link would only be there if I tried to set up another gmail acct. (which I've already explained why I can't), not if I set up a Yahoo one? If I set up a Yahoo acct., then surely to email someone at gmail I'd need an address for them? Please believe me, I really am thick as sh1t with this sort of thing.

20 February 2015 03:08
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from clearview_photography

I'm sure you have your own reasons for only being able to access the internet via a phone

Yes, I really am a technophobe, I just wouldn't be able to cope with a computer. A friend recently gave me a Blackberry phone as she no longer needed it, but after trying it for a couple of days I gave it back to her cos I was totally out of my depth with it. Confused the PaulManuell is a naughty person out of me. Would love to go digital and be totally computer literate, but lack the confidence, ability and patience to learn it all I'm afraid.

20 February 2015 03:34
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

If you can cope with a camera and lights, and a TV, and purestorm, you can cope with a computer. You just need training. Like everyone else. An Apple would be easier.

Anyway right now you need top stop thinking and assuming about Google, yourself and computers.

You definitely need to get someone physically close to you, with a computer, to get it sorted. Check out a local college for someone who runs evening classes? Local ads for computer training and assistance?

As even perfectly techie people find Google's processes obscure, I'd say that I'd your best way forward - rather than a forum.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 February 2015 03:39
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

This is why I pay £10 a year for my email account. There's no obligation for a company providing a free service to do so indefinitely.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

21 February 2015 12:18
PaulManuell
Photographer

OH FFS! I finally just managed to create a new gmail acct. from my phone after 2 days of frustrated trying, only for it to be disabled as soon as I tried to sign in immediately after creating it. WHY??? This is doing my PaulManuell is a naughty person head in. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Donnybabe11 KayleighChristina Natural_happy_girl PrettyDiamond SJH30
abouncer andygstudios carshaltonkev cliffc couchestudio davkit Don_Dark duncanjames Essexjohn freddie GlasgowPhotographer hardik79 Hioctane James7799 JohnDentonPhoto Kiboko Kjoservices Ladiesman Leztec MIB nunude panda49 redbaron rossvincent rscott360 rumbleuk steveh32 tonyg wacTony WesternRoom
Charlottealom
barlowstudios