best mouse for editing

Andy is off-line
14 February 2015 17:42
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

So i'm still very old school and use a mouse for any editing, i tried a tablet and hate it !
I need a new mouse and have been looking at the high dpi gaming mice.....any difference ? or i'd like to hear your ideas for a replacement.
lets get shootin

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 February 2015 18:13
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I've always had gaming mice, it's not the DPI that's most noticeable (although they are very precise), it's their large feet (the non-slip pads underneath) are generally huge and allow them to slide more freely. I've got 3x Logitech G500 mice (no longer made), they're nice as they can be adjusted for weight and balance (they have a little cartridge with weights in that you can adjust).

And call me old fashioned but I actually prefer corded mice. I bought Microsoft's first cordless and was changing batteries every week or two, pathetic! (they've come a long way since but I'd rather they be physically connected, far easier to get my head around).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 February 2015 18:23
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Oh, and get yourself a good mouse mat.  I bought one of these four years ago (still in use), lovely and smooth and a decent size too.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Andy is off-line
14 February 2015 18:26
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Thanks Redchecker,

like you i just got peed off with the battery one yet again this evening for that very reason and decided i'm likely going back to a corded.
lets get shootin

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
14 February 2015 18:44
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Well, I've got a Logitech M705 "corldess" mouse, worked very well so far - oh, and the batteries seem to last forever, this set has been in for over a year (I've played Far Cry 3/4 & COD without problems so far too). As Steven say's, get a quality mat too, well worth it.

14 February 2015 20:38
Catuaba
Photographer

I switched to the Roccat Lua Mouse. And Roccat ISKU Keyboard about 6 months back. Think if I recall I got them at Maplin. They all light up blue which is a nice touch and the speed is unbelievable. You can make shortcuts with keys and pre record even whole sentences or logins etc. The mouse speed is awesome. And you get software to customise it all.

The only bad thing I've noticed is the mouse wheel seems to get a bit of a squeak on about month 4 which is a common known issue, so it then needs a bit of lube!

GCImages is off-line
14 February 2015 20:42
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

I use a little Logitech, it has all the buttons and a wheel.  I now edit from the sofa throw or the arm rest.  I am right handed, but use the mouse with the left hand.....long story.  There is no best, just what you like to use.  That is it.

Kizer is off-lineSilver Member
15 February 2015 08:30
Kizer
Photographer
Kizer
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

had a few over the years and not been happy with all of them, the present one I'm using is a microsoft one its arched to fit in my hand better and super smooth quick and responsive, But since I've had a mac i use there mouse and its pretty good as well only snag is its not got a right and left button.

I think a mouse is a personal thing you keep trying them till you find one that suits you.

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
15 February 2015 09:04
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from Kizer
had a few over the years and not been happy with all of them, the present one I'm using is a microsoft one its arched to fit in my hand better and super smooth quick and responsive, But since I've had a mac i use there mouse and its pretty good as well only snag is its not got a right and left button. I think a mouse is a personal thing you keep trying them till you find one that suits you.

If you're using the mac magic mouse you can actually use right and left click. I was using mine for about three months thinking that there was no right click facility but my son told me to just press on the right hand side at the top and that is your right click. Embarrassing!

You may be using a different one though 
How hard can it be?

HowardJ is off-line
15 February 2015 10:30
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

The Apple Mighty mouse

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Frankirae LunaAllOrNothing Michael1991 PaigeAntonia
FirstLifePhotography Fluffypup iestyn mpresseve Njsphotography Puremoods redtail viewphotographic zprangz